Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 26th, 2024, 6:18am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« A few problems..... »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   A few problems.....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A few problems.....  (Read 913 times)
scorp_95

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

A few problems.....
« on: Sep 17th, 2006, 3:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I have a R-plate 2.3 ultima saloon. I just purchased this last weekend. my problems are:

The abs light has remained on constantly every time ive started it.

The keyfob doesnt work. it only opens the boot. when i try and program it i cant get it to bong. Also i have absolutely no interior lights and no warning buzzer when i open the doors with the headlights left on. i dont know if these are all related or separate faults.

any help would be much appreciated!

P.S. This is one GREAT site!!!!!!
IP Logged
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

Re: A few problems.....
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17th, 2006, 4:35pm »

hi scorp 95, and welcome  Smiley

the abs light is possibly a problem with the abs system it's self, ive not had mine play up yet so ive not had much experience with it.

the remote fob, you have to turn the ignition on and off 3 times and then turn it a 4th time but leave it on (only turn to pos I) the bong should sound, then press the unlock button on the key, then another bong should happen, turn the ignition off and wait for a 3rd bong before removing the key

if that doesn’t work, open the fob and clean the contacts carefully, you may need to coat the back of the rubber buttons with some electrically conductive paint to make it close.

the interior lights and the headlight bonger, check that all the little black push buttons on the door frames are tight and that the contacts are not corroded, then try the relative fuses in either the main fuse box, or the aux fuse box (main is located in engine bay, just in front of the windscreen (if looking from front of the car at the engine) the aux is located under the battery cover) on the opposite side

btw, does it have the battery cover?

Matt Smiley Smiley
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
hellblue

Ill have silver,it dries just as fast !

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 17th, 2006, 8:03pm »

ABS, if the light comes on & stays on then you have a fault its odds on to be a sensor or connection so check this first fronts are behind wheels,rears under back seat,check ABS block connector too,you can check the resistances with a multimeter same reading side to side(i had a low resistance on one rear) But with your late model (like mine)you can fix the fault & the light will remain on! you then need to scan it to clear the codes as i also had to.
IP Logged

Gary
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17th, 2006, 8:29pm »

on Sep 17th, 2006, 8:03pm, hellblue wrote:
But with your late model (like mine)you can fix the fault & the light will remain on! you then need to scan it to clear the codes as i also had to.

I assume it depends on the type of fault, I didn't have to clear mine which has the later teves 20 unit fitted.

Dave
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
scorp_95

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 17th, 2006, 8:48pm »

thanks for the replies. Matt - ive tried the programming and still cant get the bong to sound at all. all the relevant fuses are ok. its got me puzzled to say the least. Huh
IP Logged
scorp_95

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 17th, 2006, 8:50pm »

the interior lights dont even work when i switch the lights on and off via the main switches. is there a main module that links any of these togetherHuh? thanks
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Sep 17th, 2006, 10:15pm »

Check the power saver fuse 36 in the Auxiliary fuse box.
When that goes the interior lights don’t work & you get a continuous tone when you press the button to move out of park.
If it’s the same buzzer as the light warning one, it could have been disabled because of this.

Dave
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Mummra

Mummra-the-ever -living

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 17th, 2006, 10:50pm »

Hi if the remote unlocks the boot then it is already programmed, and the problem will be dirty contacts. Read through This, should help.
IP Logged
scorp_95

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Sep 18th, 2006, 6:28pm »

Grin I got the keyfob working with a few small pieces of aluminium foil! cant believe it! thank you very much!
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 18th, 2006, 6:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Aluminium Foil will gradually spread itself over the opposite contacts, and can burn into the circuit board, and knacker your remote!  Fortunately spotted mine just in time, but it had already started to damage the gold circuits.

Better to use silver repair compound.  Wink
IP Logged
cossieguy

1996 Cosworth Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Sep 18th, 2006, 7:00pm »

on Sep 17th, 2006, 8:48pm, scorp_95 wrote:
thanks for the replies. Matt - ive tried the programming and still cant get the bong to sound at all. all the relevant fuses are ok. its got me puzzled to say the least. Huh

This defo sounds like an internal contact problem within the remote. As it will open the boot the remote is "Tuned" to the car. You need to clean up the contacts as stated earlier.
This will help: http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/remote_repair.htm
On my old remote the conductive coating had worn away on the buttons and the remote only worked intermittently.
IP Logged
crop

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Sep 21st, 2006, 6:56pm »

Just thought id let you know that i have the same problem with the remote, tested with foil it works but i will not use it like that but checked with my local maplins (20 yards away) and they have a conductive pen £21 (expensive) or a small bottle of conductive paint (with real silver in it  **wow Wink** ) for just £7.50. hope that helps.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.