Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 8:27am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Radio Display »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Radio Display
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Radio Display  (Read 458 times)
bizzay1

1997 Cosworth Saloon

View Profile

Radio Display
« on: Oct 7th, 2006, 6:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

yesterday my rds 7000 radio decided to stop showing me a display, now I can remember reading something about this on this site somewhere but can't for the life of me remember what cured it, it looks like the backlight is still working and I have made sure the little removable panel is seated right, although I've never had it off before, can anybody enlighten me as to how to get the numbers & letters back ??
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Radio Display
« Reply #1 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 6:44pm »

It's the LCD display plates, if you press on it you may be able to see some segments come to life. No cure as far as I know apart from replacing the unit, don't worry, mine does the same and it does come back after a while; seems to happen more this time of year with the damp atmosphere...

Had my RDS7000 to bits a few months back, utter nightmare and most of it is SMD circuitry (non servicable), tested mine and the drive voltage is still getting through to the display so no fault in the unit itself.

Also had the same with my c/c displays a while back, all ok since the new battery went on though, hmmm...

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 6:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

This happened to mine.  

Took the unit out, disconnected all the leads, and then put them all back again. Somehow it all re-set again. Never found out why it did it. Quite spooky  Shocked

Could be because I took the unit inside overnight to check it out, but all seemed OK, so put it back the next morning. Give it a treat, pop it in the airing cupboard, it's probably got a bit damp.

Make sure you have your CODE before you do it. PM me your serial number if you need a code for it, as I have the coding programme.
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 6:47pm »

Sometimes taking it into the house or a warm dry place for the night will cure it.

Usually seen more at this time of year when its getting cold and damp
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

v4-max aka Cheekyboy1

focus cc  mk3 mondeo 2.0 auto cbx750 vt600

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 6:52pm »

i have the same problem, the general opinion is that it is moisture, mine comes and goes but usually clears up once the radio has been on for a while. never had any probs during the warm weather, but has started again now the wet stuff has started falling. Cool
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.