Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 26th, 2024, 2:26am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« nobody knows whats wrong with my car »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   nobody knows whats wrong with my car
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: nobody knows whats wrong with my car  (Read 1028 times)
arizona

I'm a YaBB newbie! 20 16 v ultima in blue 94

View Profile Email

nobody knows whats wrong with my car
« on: Oct 14th, 2006, 12:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i put my 20 litre 16v scorpio in to the garage to have the head gasket done. when the mechanic put the engine back together he couldent gaet the car to work. there was fuel and a spark but it just wont fire. after 6 weeks of him messing with it he told me it was an electrical fualt. he then sent the car to an auto electrican. thay plug the cpu in and it came up wiv no faults so thay want to send the cpu away for testing but carnt find anywere that will do it does anyone know what the problem may be
IP Logged
bizzay1

1997 Cosworth Saloon

View Profile

Re: nobody knows whats wrong with my car
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14th, 2006, 6:20am »

very difficult to say mate, was it running ok before going in ?? what symptoms did you have before putting it in for h/g replacement ?? what have they done on the car so far to try to get it running ??
IP Logged
twinturbo

24V's Me game!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Oct 14th, 2006, 6:52am »

No fire at all? even thoiugh there is some fule and spark?

TT
IP Logged
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14th, 2006, 6:57am »

Valve timeing? Huh Huh
IP Logged
bizzay1

1997 Cosworth Saloon

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 14th, 2006, 7:02am »

on Oct 14th, 2006, 6:57am, cossie_al wrote:
Valve timeing? Huh Huh

surely any mechanic worth his salt would have double checked this by now if it won't start ??
IP Logged
twinturbo

24V's Me game!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Oct 14th, 2006, 7:31am »

I would say valve timing too if there's some fule and spark...  

Three components needed for an engine to run,

1) Fule
2) Timly Spark
3) Compression

TT
IP Logged
vaughant

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 14th, 2006, 2:11pm »

Maybe a vacuum hose or something like that. I had an RS turbo before with a broken breather pie/filter thing on top of the engine and this gave the asame symptoms as your`s, spark, fuel, but no go. also on the same car once before, I put in a good bottom end as mine was knocking, new h/g & the car still showed no compression once it was all back together. After several hours and last ditch attempts, we tried squirting oil down each bore, turned it over and it`s run fine to this day! I think it`ll be something simple myself.
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 14th, 2006, 3:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My blood boils when I hear about "Garages", and "Mechanics" like this.  Angry

What the hell are they doing in the car repair business if they can't do the job? Bloody useless is what they are.

Quote"after 6 weeks of him messing with it he told me it was an electrical fualt. he then sent the car to an auto electrican. thay plug the cpu in and it came up wiv no faults so thay want to send the cpu away for testing but carnt find anywere that will do it does anyone know what the problem may be" Quote"after 6 weeks of him messing with it he told me it was an electrical fualt. he then sent the car to an auto electrican. thay plug the cpu in and it came up wiv no faults so thay want to send the cpu away for testing but carnt find anywere that will do it does anyone know what the problem may be" Quote"after 6 weeks of him messing with it he told me it was an electrical fualt. he then sent the car to an auto electrican. thay plug the cpu in and it came up wiv no faults so thay want to send the cpu away for testing but carnt find anywere that will do it does anyone know what the problem may be" Quote"after 6 weeks of him messing with it he told me it was an electrical fualt. he then sent the car to an auto electrican. thay plug the cpu in and it came up wiv no faults so thay want to send the cpu away for testing but carnt find anywere that will do it does anyone know what the problem may be" Quote"after 6 weeks of him messing with it he told me it was an electrical fualt. he then sent the car to an auto electrican. thay plug the cpu in and it came up wiv no faults so thay want to send the cpu away for testing but carnt find anywere that will do it does anyone know what the problem may be" Quote"after 6 weeks of him messing with it he told me it was an electrical fualt. he then sent the car to an auto electrican. thay plug the cpu in and it came up wiv no faults so thay want to send the cpu away for testing but carnt find anywere that will do it does anyone know what the problem may be" Quote"after 6 weeks of him messing with it he told me it was an electrical fualt. he then sent the car to an auto electrican. thay plug the cpu in and it came up wiv no faults so thay want to send the cpu away for testing but carnt find anywere that will do it does anyone know what the problem may be" Quote"after 6 weeks of him messing with it he told me it was an electrical fualt. he then sent the car to an auto electrican. thay plug the cpu in and it came up wiv no faults so thay want to send the cpu away for testing but carnt find anywere that will do it does anyone know what the problem may be" Quote"after 6 weeks of him messing with it he told me it was an electrical fualt. he then sent the car to an auto electrican. thay plug the cpu in and it came up wiv no faults so thay want to send the cpu away for testing but carnt find anywere that will do it does anyone know what the problem may be" Quote"after 6 weeks of him messing with it he told me it was an electrical fualt. he then sent the car to an auto electrican. thay plug the cpu in and it came up wiv no faults so thay want to send the cpu away for testing but carnt find anywere that will do it does anyone know what the problem may be" Quote"after 6 weeks of him messing with it he told me it was an electrical fualt. he then sent the car to an auto electrican. thay plug the cpu in and it came up wiv no faults so thay want to send the cpu away for testing but carnt find anywere that will do it does anyone know what the problem may be" Quote"after 6 weeks of him messing with it he told me it was an electrical fualt. he then sent the car to an auto electrican. thay plug the cpu in and it came up wiv no faults so thay want to send the cpu away for testing but carnt find anywere that will do it does anyone know what the problem may be" Quote"after 6 weeks of him messing with it he told me it was an electrical fualt. he then sent the car to an auto electrican. thay plug the cpu in and it came up wiv no faults so thay want to send the cpu away for testing but carnt find anywere that will do it does anyone know what the problem may be" Quote"after 6 weeks of him messing with it he told me it was an electrical fualt. he then sent the car to an auto electrican. thay plug the cpu in and it came up wiv no faults so thay want to send the cpu away for testing but carnt find anywere that will do it does anyone know what the problem may be"

Sounds to me as though they haven't got a bloody clue!!

SIX WEEKS.....I'd have their tripes!!

Wish you were nearer. Diagnosing over the net isn't easy, but I'm sure that between us we'll get you going.

Timing would be my prime guess. has the clown ignition timed it correctly? Perhaps he's done it 180 degrees out, and got it firing on the wrong stroke. If you've got a spark, the fuel is getting through, and there's sufficient compression, then it SHOULD start.

If he's timed it to fire on the Exhaust stroke, rather than on the compression stroke, then there's your answer.

Another thing I would try is just check your PATS module to see if it's been disturbed. You might need to re-code your ignition key from your red master. Obviously if you've got the red master then you can use that.

Pants they are, these modern garages. Absolute pants!! Get the car back, and tell them you'll be taking it elsewhere to get it sorted out, and sending them the bill, as they haven't completed the job properly.
Any problem get your local press involved.  

"Garage can't start cat ....  (meant car!! Grin)... that they have just overhauled" will do their business a  load of good!!

Let's see if between us we can't get this sorted out!!  Smiley
IP Logged
twinturbo

24V's Me game!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: Oct 14th, 2006, 8:34pm »

Would be no crank if PATS was active..

TT
IP Logged
jerryvr

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 9:21am »

maybe a longshot, byt after doing my HG I forgot to wire up one of the negative leads to the battery. it did try to start but it wouldn't fire. In my case the second wire had fallen behind the battery and was almost impossible to see
IP Logged
dh_dove

There's no substitute for cubic capacity.

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 6:34pm »

Arizona
Sorry if this is a blind alley but a couple of years ago my Jag refused to start.........
Called out homestart......... fuel,yes,..........spark,yes.......compressions, yes, start NO
After much faffing about it turned out to be the brain gone down.....ie ECU
Although the car should have started the ECU was stopping it..........?
Don't ask me why or how but a secondhand ECU solved the problem immediately.
Regards
Dh Dove
IP Logged
arizona

I'm a YaBB newbie! 20 16 v ultima in blue 94

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 6:45pm »

well that funny little man in greasey blue overauls that calls himself a mechanic got my car to start. i asked him what the problem was and he siad he dident know it just started. i told him that wasent good enough and that i wanted some explanation as to the cause of the problem. he called me back a few hours latter and he siad that wile the engine was running he wiggled the engine bay wiring loom about and the car cut out. so now he is trying to find one of these wiring looms so he can replace it. he siad ford wanted a 1000 pounds for one f**k that he siad i will try get a second hand one. im at my wits end now he has had my car 10 weeks now. he gave me a l reg astra to use wile he fixed mine a bottom of the range one at that and its a piece of nuts rusty tatty and it is unsafe to drive. i spoke to consumer affairs and tay siad all i can do at this point is write him a letter to state my disaprovel. at this point all i want to do is hurt his face with a lathe.
 Lips Sealed Angry Cry
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 7:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
at this point all i want to do is hurt his face with a lathe.

Agree  ROFL   ROFL   ROFL   ROFL
IP Logged
hellblue

Ill have silver,it dries just as fast !

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Oct 26th, 2006, 11:16pm »

It does seem a shame  that a garage is not able to fuction as one!! if some thing  is missing to the point that it wouldnt start it cant have (sorry shouldnt have) been to hard to find? did nothing show up on a scan?? was one realy done, they would then know whats missing & could then bypass the ONE?? busted wire, must be somthing like crank sensor or injector return??hope you get a good discount!!
IP Logged

Gary
Adrian

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Nov 3rd, 2006, 8:11pm »

Before you even think about replacing the wiring loom, wiggle the current loom about, until the car cuts out, and then check to see if you still get a spark on all plugs ( one by one, of course ), without it starting. If they all spark, then check that each injector is firing, as well. The loom problem may not be related to your initial starting problem, but could be a totally separate problem.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.