Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 9th, 2024, 3:19am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Locked In »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Locked In
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Locked In  (Read 469 times)
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

Locked In
« on: Dec 9th, 2006, 4:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Not any more, obviously, as I'm sitting here typing this out. But a few minutes ago, I was sitting out on the drive completely locked in the car  Shocked

OK, now I've got the remote global closing feature on mine, and also the 'lock-on-go' bit too. So, when I drive, the doors lock up. Normally, they open no probs when I pull the internal lever, but not this time. When I attempted it, the whole thing got confused and was bleeping all over the place, alarm arming & disarming, even all the windows & roof opening and closing.

So why not operate the passenger side lever I hear you ask. Or open the window and try the external door handle?
Hmm... tried that. Both of them. I was stuck in there. Thought I was going to have to climb out of the window. But, eventually, it sorted itself out (after about 6 minutes worth of fiddling).

So what went wrong?
Anyone else had this happen?  Huh
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: Locked In
« Reply #1 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 5:51pm »

hi paul

dodgy earth? low battery? have you checked the fuel cut off switch? see if you can reset it.

also try lock/unlock the doors with the key.

i take it has a fuse? if you pulled this fuse, does it go back to normal lock/unlock only? see if anything is wrong with the car, not the mod.

just some ideas.

btw, i've got JA's lock 'n' go. only issue i've had was when the earth fell off. just stopped working, though.
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 7:09pm »

The fact that it went crazy trying to lock and unlock is a symptom of one or other of the locks not being properly secured or a poor contact. Try spraying all the locks including boot,and bonnet alarm switch, with WD40.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 7:36pm »

Thanks for the ideas guys  Cool

I'll try to investigate all the earth points involved.  
Don't remember if the mod has its own fuse (this is the Steve Collister box of tricks) but I'll look into that as well.

I have to say, this mod has worked faultlessly for me right from the off, so this is a bit strange.

And I'm just thinking, I did have the driver's door panel off recently to change the window. Maybe I disturbed a connection, lock part or something in there when I was fishing out all that broken glass  Undecided
IP Logged

Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 8:41pm »

Paul, I was going to ask if you had recently opened a door which doesn't normally get used ie; mechanism stiff, not making proper contact,  but I reckon you could be on the right track. Same principal....dodgy connection ?.  Smiley Also in the list of parts for the Lock on go mod a 10amp fuse and fuseholder is listed.Here
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 9:08pm »

Lovely. Cheers. I'll check that out sometime soon (in the light).

Been out to the car and tried things a few more times but, as you'd expect, it won't do it again.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

johndyork

There's a hole in my pocket!

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 10:40pm »

Paul - my previous car, Granada, had a Clifford alarm fitted and used to occasionally go into this sort of spasm.  Was usually if I had tried to lock it with the Clifford remote while the door was very slightly ajar (consisten with comments in previous posts) or if a passenger had been a bit keen trying the handle as I was unlocking it.  System seemed to reset itself after it had taken the fit!
Cheers, John.
IP Logged

N Reg 2.9 12v Silver Saloon
twinturbo

24V's Me game!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 11:27pm »

I would avoid climbing out of any glass colsure if there is a fault, there could be a cance of serious injury.

Or carry a length of 2b2 to block the window.

TT
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.