Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 7:24pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« lost oil filter »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   lost oil filter
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: lost oil filter  (Read 418 times)
toppa72

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

lost oil filter
« on: Dec 28th, 2006, 11:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hiya, this'll be my first post, I've not had the car long (a 1994 Granada 2.5TD exec) so please bear with me.

My problem started about a week ago after a trip to the garage to replace the bottom pulley. I started noticing oil spots under the car and the oil getting darker. When I had a look, I could see no obvious problems,- except for the lack of an oil filter oil filter!

Now while I've changed oil filters before, I've not done it on this car, so I don't know exactly where it's supposed to go. After a couple of hours rooting, I've been unable to find any obvious place to fit the new one. Should there be some kind of housing attachment? If so, where is it located? Would it be possible to supply pics or diagrams:- I need to check if I'm just being unusually thick, or if theres a genuine problem.

I've had a look at the engine diagram on this site, but as it  doesn't have a key I'm still no wiser.

Please help.
Regards .  

TP
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: lost oil filter
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28th, 2006, 2:27pm »

As far as I am aware it is above and to the rear of the left hand engine mount. when looking from the front have look at the first couple of pictures on this document and it can be seen quite clearly....

OIL FILTER  

HTH
Snoopy
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28th, 2006, 4:30pm »

Toppa, are you sure you have a facelift 'bugeye' Scorpio, not a pre Nov 1994 Granada Mk3?

There's another forum where you may get more help if it's a Mk3 Wink

Regards, Bruce Smiley
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
mazzy_j

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 28th, 2006, 6:21pm »

Hi, facing the front of the engine, its on the front lefthand side just below and down where the egr valve is, it should be lurking under there and its a pretty big filter!. tbh, If you can't find the oil filter after a couple of hrs then i'd let the garage do it  Lips Sealed The engine from the mk3 is vertually identical except a few bits n bobs so that link should all be relevent  Smiley

Mine started dripping about a yr ago and it turns out that a largish rubber oil pipe coming from the block to the oil filter housing the jubilee clip had worked its way loose and was on the verge of making a big big mess  Wink all tightned up now. just a start, maybe it could be leaking from the sump plug possibly?

Matt
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Dec 30th, 2006, 1:38am »

I noticed my diesel dripping a few spots of oil about a month or two ago (dad wasn't pleased - it was on his drive at the time!).  Turned out the oil filter had worked loose and was leaking from the seal.  Glad I found out whilst it was stopped as I was about to go on a long drive!

Anyhows, the oil filter is on the driver's side of the engine, near the front.  It is roughly behind and below the externally mounted water pump/hoses and screws in horizontally.  It's quite big but can be removed from the top, though have a bowl underneath as it will make a mess!

Darren
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.