Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:27am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« estate boot lock »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   estate boot lock
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: estate boot lock  (Read 106 times)
armatec

ONE DAY I WILL UNDERSTAND THESE CARS!

armatec1  
View Profile Email

estate boot lock
« on: Jan 1st, 2007, 12:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hoping someone can help me with this quick?
on the estate ive just brought , the bootlock will not work at all, the problem seems to be that the button you put your key in seems to be seized solid, its sticking out about 5mm and will not go anywhere, in or out,,,

the key although turns in the lock will not unlock it

the previous owner has put a cable tie onto part of the lock with the top of the tie sticking out near the window (on the inside) pulling this up does open the lock.

trying to get this sorted today Huh any ideas??
if its any help i have my 2L saloon ready if any spare parts can be used?
many thanks in advance
kev
IP Logged

1997 2.3 ULTIMA ESTATE
macroy

White 24v Ultima Cosworth Estate

View Profile Email

Re: estate boot lock
« Reply #1 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 1:08pm »

I have seen on other posts that WD40 helps with the unseizing of the lock but if the previous owner has resorted to fitting a cable to the lock then perhaps the lock has had it a replacement lock would be the answer i would have thought.Try a search through previous posts as I think this is pretty common fault. Wink
IP Logged
armatec

armatec1  
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 1:33pm »

its had about 5 cans of WD40 down it now, to no avail lol
also.. when you put the key in it does turn, BUT you cant feel it engaging anything if you know what i mean, it just turns. On my other scorp you can feel it hit something and then the boot springs open, the estate dosent?

also if i did have to fit a replacement lock , what abot the key
IP Logged

1997 2.3 ULTIMA ESTATE
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 1:57pm »

The lock re-build kit is matched to your existing key. HERE. Have you had the tailgate trim panel off to inspect the rear of the lock?. If I recall correctly there is a cam which engages and from what you say this may be the cause, ie; its not engaging.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
macroy

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 2:02pm »

Hi,you could  buy a lock repair/rebuild kit from Ford so as to keep the same key.

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/doorlockbld.htm
IP Logged
armatec

armatec1  
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 3:57pm »

just took all the back cover trim off and had a look.... when you put the key in and turn it the white plastic cam attached to it dosent move??  
what is the best way to fix this? also as ive already said the button (which the key goes into) dosent push in or anything... its solid
what next??

thanks kev
IP Logged

1997 2.3 ULTIMA ESTATE
macroy

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 5:49pm »

Just had a look at the handbook and if the car is unlocked then you can open the tailgate by pressing in the  barrel slightly,no key needed for this,if it is not moving as you say then I think your lock is u/s.
IP Logged
ColinE

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 9:30am »

Hi
I have had and have problems with the lock on my 95 estate, I have had many offers of help.
I stripped mine down, the lock button does NOT push in it should just turn, the white cam is to operate the switches, if your lock is not turning, maybe best to remove it from the tailgate, the white can is only held on with a circlip, it then just comes off, you can then see the back of the lock barrel, sorry I did not need to take mine out, so am not sure how its held in, I would guess a nut on the back of it, I do not know if Fords fitted differant locks to the 95 cars, as people were telling me it should push in, on mine it does not.
If you look at the white cam there is a rod that connects to the door catch as the lock is turned it pulls this rod which then unlocks the latch.
Hope this maybe of help.
IP Logged

1995 2 litre Scorpio Ultima

macroy

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 12:21pm »

Wrong! I have an N reg estate and like I have said in my previous post and as it states in the handbook mine DOES push in to open the tailgate.
IP Logged
ColinE

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 12:34pm »

Hi Sorry
You are wrong, mine is an M reg, there is no way on mine it can push in, it has a white cam on the back with metal rods going to the latch, if it pushed in I am sure it would bend the rods, you must have a differant lock.

Colin
IP Logged

scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 12:34pm »

on Jan 2nd, 2007, 12:21pm, macroy wrote:
Wrong! I have an N reg estate and like I have said in my previous post and as it states in the handbook mine DOES push in to open the tailgate.

hi there

just to clarify a few points regarding the rear lock on the estate (and maybe the saloon).

we've found 2 different types of locks fitted to the scorpio. most are of the push in type, but a few had the 'flat' lock which we think came from the granada. all rear locks are locked when the ignition is on or if the doors are locked. there was/is a taxi option which allowed the rear lock to work even if the ignition was on.

not sure if this option worked on the flat type.

hth
IP Logged
ColinE

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 12:44pm »

Hi Scorpio Man
As you know I have had and still have trouble with the tailgate locking on my Mreg estate.
While trying to sort out the correct switch that attaches the the cage on the lock barrel, when nobody could tell me what it should be, I spoke to a Ford parts supplier which I picked up here off the forum, remembering what you said about maybe the lock was off the early Granda, he told me between telephone calls he had check this and this was incorrect, he said the Granda was dirrerant, who I am to say he was wrong.
I think the problem is people are guessing what is fitted without knowing.
As I have said in the post before this there is no way my lock button could be pressed in, because of the way its set up.
I am still in bother with mine, I have fitted a new switch to the lock barrel, fitted another solenoid to the latch, it appears I have no power to either, the Russion drawing states the wiring goes to the ccm, but it must go some where else first as I can find no trace of the wire at the ccm, its a yellow with a green tracer, any ides.

IP Logged

scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 12:50pm »

hi colin

pm your reg number again (i delete everything!) Grin

i look it up again, though i'm sure i saw different part numbers between yours and mine when i checked the last time.

hth
IP Logged
macroy

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 12:53pm »

How can I or the handbook be wrong,mine does just what it says in the book.The only time I need to use the key is when the car is locked.When the barrel is pushed in it makes contact with the solenoid which in turn releases the lock.You have a different lock.Roy.
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 12:58pm »

hi roy

that's the point we're trying to make.....it appears to be the different type of lock.  Smiley

regards
IP Logged
macroy

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 1:23pm »

Hi,I know the type Colin is talking about it is the key only type,put the key in and turn to the right,mine is totally different,when my car is not locked I just press in the barrel to open it.Another point to note does his open with the fob.Roy.
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 1:31pm »

hi there

just did another bit of digging. ford list 3 different lock kits for the estate.

10/1994-02/1995
02/1995-04/1997
04/1997-07/1998

what all the differences are, i don't know (supplier?), bar the push in type of lock.

hth
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 1:32pm »

hi roy

don't think it works with the fob as the wires are cut. not sure, though. Undecided

regards
IP Logged
ColinE

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 2:56pm »

Hi
As requested Reg no is M*** ***.
As I said on the Russion drawing 41-01-009 it shows the tailgate motor, being fed by a yellow-green wire, I do not know what 33-AA27 is as its dotted I take it this would be an extra.
For what its worth I have bought a 95 manual it arrived today, it asked for feed back, I have sent Gary B an email saying I think the manual is an engine manual, there is very very little on the electrics, it just says its a moduler system, I told him we need to know where the modules are and what they do, I think most people will give the electric ago if they have something to refer to, what the manual does with the engine showing where the parts are, we need the same for the electrics.
Thanks for your interest.

Colin
IP Logged

ColinE

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 3:03pm »

Hi Roy
Dont know as I did not get a fob when I bought the car, and I am not spending £106 to get one, I will do with the key.
What my main concern is that I cannot get power to the tailgate solenoid, which I have just replaced, and also the switch attached to the lock barrel, if there was a decent drawing maybe I could sort it.
Sorry did not mean to offend, but I have been playing with this dam locking system for just on 4 weeks and still have not sorted it, being ill in between has not helped.
I have repaired the wire etc all is now as it should be, I think, just need some volts.

Colin
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.