Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 7:26am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Blown Turbo »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Blown Turbo
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Blown Turbo  (Read 305 times)
Jaye_Martin

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Blown Turbo
« on: Feb 7th, 2007, 8:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thank you for all your assistance regarding my blown turbo problem that I wrote about on an earlier forum..

It has been mentioned that the EGR valve may be the problem  Been quoted £180 for the valve..does that sound right?

Also I stated that when i inspected my turbo, the fins are all there and it turns freely......is that a sure fire way of checking it   or should I send it away to be given the once over?..As you can tell , I aint that much of a do it your selfer, so can anybody recommend someone in Sussex/Surrey that is competent with Ultima..
Thank you
IP Logged
mazzy_j

View Profile

Re: Blown Turbo
« Reply #1 on: Feb 7th, 2007, 8:49pm »

pm sent  Smiley
IP Logged
Tyler4

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 7th, 2007, 8:53pm »

Hi,
I have been a diesel engineer 35 years and have seen many worn turbo's. More common faults are bearing failures resulting excessive end float, sheared shafts or turbine damage. You mentioned black exhaust smoke which would indicate a serious turbo failure. But you have reported that the turbine turns freely, so I would look else where. Have you completely removed the turbo?. If not, please check the hose (pressure side) where it's mounted onto the turbo. A check of the air induction system from the air filter (inclusive) to turbo, could be  blocked or collapsed resticting air flow. Check all hoses from turbo to intercooler then to inlet manifold for failures. Intercoolers have also known to split. Boost pressures are easily measured with a suitable guage.
IP Logged
Tyler4

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 7th, 2007, 9:00pm »

NB. If you obtain a turbo from an earlier Diesel Scorpio, the waste gate actuator may have to be swopped. Late diesels have vacuum operated actuators, early models are pressure operated from the turbo outlet.
Best of luck Tyler4
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.