Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 9:17pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« My Cossie went up in smoke »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   My Cossie went up in smoke
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My Cossie went up in smoke  (Read 588 times)
mazzy_j

View Profile

My Cossie went up in smoke
« on: Mar 4th, 2007, 5:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Having hopefully sorted my PAS i now seem to have a much bigger problem. I'd just got back from a 10 mile drive from my parents, pulled into my road went to accelerate, revs go up but i stay at constant speed  Huh  

Pulled into my flat carpark, gave it some throttle same thing happened, revs go up but no change in speed (about 10mph). I parked up and just as i did plumes of slighlty acid smelling oily smoke started coming through the air vents. switched off quickly and opened the bonnet to find smoke pouring from out the back of the engine, down from near the gearbox somewhere.

it smelt like burning auto fluid, but on checking the level its ok, same colour and smell as 200 miles ago when last checked Undecided as is the engine oil. It goes into gear smoothly as usual and will move back and forward ok, i just dont want to go out on the road incase i end up stranded or the box spills its insides everywhere.

There also seems to be an ascociated oil leak somewhere (maybe dripping on the exhaust?) but its chucking it down it doesnt seem to be doing it whilst staionary.

Looks like i now have my excuse to fit the manual box earlier than planned  Wink  Grin unless it could be something simple thats detached itself possibly causing the problem?? Wont be able to crawl underneith it til tuesday at the earliest to have a proper look.

Matt
IP Logged
the_boogeyman

Email

Re: My Cossie went up in smoke
« Reply #1 on: Mar 4th, 2007, 7:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

you have a seal going to the torque converter it sounds like this has gone, not very expensive to fix but expensive to get the box out and in again, i'd say about two to three hundred
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.