Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 6:26pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Electric Stays On »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Electric Stays On
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Electric Stays On  (Read 458 times)
MechJerk

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Electric Stays On
« on: May 8th, 2007, 6:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

I just picked up my first Scorpio yesterday, a 1992 Scorpio I A.  In love with the car unfortunately it's been a bit neglected by previous owners.  My biggest problem at the moment is that the electrics stay on after I have pulled the key out.

At first I just thought it was the headlights, as every time I got out of the car the buzzer went off.  Then I noticed that all the electrics such as the radio and the seats all work when the key isn’t plugged in.

Not sure if this is normal but naturally the lights problem is a worry because of the battery.  The headlights seem to be on low and the rear lights (along with the number plate light) are also on.  

I’ve looked through the forum and there was another post with a similar problem but not entirely sure what was being suggested as a way of checking for problems.  I’m not all that hot when it comes to electrics.

Any help would be very grateful.
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

Re: Electric Stays On
« Reply #1 on: May 8th, 2007, 7:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi:  You are on the wrong forum. This forum is for the later Ford Scorpios, Ultima/Facelift and others,  made between 1995/1998 and sometimes known as the Mk 4.

You need the Granada and Scorpio Forums which are [HERE]

I'm sure someone on there will have the answers you need. Good luck with your problems.  Wink
IP Logged
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 8th, 2007, 9:14am »

Hi,
Although wrong site for the Granada Scorpio, I had a '93 2.9i GRANADA SCORPIO Estate until recently.
The electric seats DO operate without the ignition being on but the radio does not without the ignition key being in position 1 if I recall correctly. Sounds like either the headlight switch is faulty or someone has been playing ! Also check fuseboxes for water damage.
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
MechJerk

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 8th, 2007, 9:44am »

Thanks for the info...

Turns out the someone hadn't replaced the cover on the fusebox and it had - shall we say - been cleaned by the lovely recent down pour.

Thanks for the help, off to the correct forum...
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.