Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 2:29pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Problems come in two's »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Problems come in two's
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Problems come in two's  (Read 1183 times)
Chieftain

Mechanically Challenged with a 24V Cosworth

View Profile WWW

Re: Problems come in two's
« Reply #20 on: Jun 24th, 2007, 2:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well checked each station fully, brakes and pads ok, bushes ok, bearings ok, only thing I found was the discs are nearly ready for renewal.  Whatever i have to take it to get new tyres and tracking checked, so not wishing to risk the one which has worn the most, on went the spare, very nice brand new Michelain.  Once fitted took it for a drive, no steering wobble, no pull to left, steering nice and easy.  So now even more confused as I would love to say it was the so and so that had failed changed that and tickity boo.  Will see what the tracking shows up.

Noticed my coolant is green coloured, not seen that since looking in coolant tank of a Challenger tank.  Question is what make could it be and is it alright to mix or do I need one day to flush and refill with the normal (so it seems) blue mix?
IP Logged

Bob

if it ain't broke fix it and it will be
Neil W

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Jun 24th, 2007, 4:58pm »

If you don't know what the green coolant actually is, I would suggest that you drain and refill with the current spec anti-freeze for the Cosworth (pink) rather than mixing with an unknown anti-freeze as this could cause unexpected problems.

For the camber to be negative, which would wear the inside edges of your tyres, have a look at the front springs. I changed mine recently because they were rusty (therefore liable to break) and was surprised at how much shorter they were compared with new ones.

When you brake lightly, do you get a smooth reduction in speed? I began to get less than smooth braking and this turned out to be high spots on a disc, only noticeable with a proper gauge to check run-out, which heated up the brakes and hub, even though the discs were Ford parts and less than 3 years old. New discs and pads solved the over-heating problem as well as restoring smooth braking.

Hope this helps,

Neil W.
IP Logged

1998 Scorpio Ultima Cosworth facelift saloon, reg S896VOG. Sold Feb 2010. Now own Mercedes-Benz E320 CDi.
Chieftain

Mechanically Challenged with a 24V Cosworth

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: Jul 5th, 2007, 8:57pm »

Just to update, the tyre problem has now been solved, but what caused it have no idea, new tyres, tracking and camber checked all ok, have doen a few runs of 40 miles and steering is as it should be, long drive over w/e so will check the hubs for excessive heat.  How hot should the hub feel after 3 hour long fast drive?  

Can not sort the bonnet lock though, catch moves freely and when you slam the bonnet it locks solid, after a while it then loosens and hangs on second lock (will be secured for long drive)  The cable is slck on the release catch but not brocken as it still works.  Even though there is tension on the spring could it be weak?
IP Logged

Bob

if it ain't broke fix it and it will be
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.