Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 6:26pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« What to do. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   What to do.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What to do.  (Read 296 times)
Pete_M

I'm here, so that must mean it's broken again.

View Profile

What to do.
« on: Oct 29th, 2007, 7:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

After a phone call from a mechanic in my friendly local Ford Dealership I now appear to own two Scorpios; my beloved and getting better all the time '98 24v Ultima and now a '95 Scorpio 2.0 16v manual. I don't know what the Scorpio for "Poverty spec" is, but this one is close.

The only reason I bought it is it has a couple of odds and sods I wanted for my Ultima and after this weekends mission finding a decent secondhand radiator I figured it was easier to buy a complete Scorpio and swap the bits I want, namely the clock and the buttons for the trip computer.

So, I'm now wondering whether it's worth me breaking the rest of the 2.0 one and then weighing it in, or should I shove it on ebay or in the autotrader.

So, what's an "N" reg 2.0 16v Scorpio manual worth? It's done 147k miles, the interior is quite tidy, it's got the turbine type alloy wheels, the bumpers are fine but it needs the n/s/r light replacing. Bodily it's not wonderful, the n/s/r door and wheelarch has a scrape down it and some rust, but the rest of it seems ok. Engine sounds fine but it has an exhaust blow somewhere - not a major one but it's there.
It's dark green, I seem to remember the colour as Tourmallard but I'm probably wrong.

Alternatively, does anyone need bits?
IP Logged

Range Rover V8 Turbo
Range Rover 4.6 HSE
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

Re: What to do.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29th, 2007, 7:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Break it Wink
The diff will be a worth a bit on ebay,  theres a decent demand for 4.27 diffs Wink

sell the lights, instrument cluster, abs module, fuseboxes, coil packs, fuel cut off loom if in good condition, bumpers, cylinder head.

Keep the radiator and coolant reservoir, any switches etc as spares for yours.
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.