Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 4:41pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« CHRISTINES GONNA BE WRIT OFF!!!! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   CHRISTINES GONNA BE WRIT OFF!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CHRISTINES GONNA BE WRIT OFF!!!!  (Read 339 times)
STUTET74

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

CHRISTINES GONNA BE WRIT OFF!!!!
« on: Oct 30th, 2007, 10:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Had all glitches and problems sorted, new clutch, rear lights sorted, cleaned her and she looked great! Then Wednesday last week some plonker opened his door on me as I was driving past and BANG! Shocked
Result is £3,150 damage!!! as per insurance aproved bodyshop!  Roll Eyes
(new wing/2 doors/2 lots of glass/tyre/rear bumper/wing mirror)  
The plonker is denying liability, claiming his door was already open! When I stated that the damage starts on the wing close to the door and you can see the impact of him opening it he still denied it! But when I pointed out that there was no damage to the front of the car he just looked sheepish.
Hopefully I can buy it back v cheap becuase a couple of doors and a mirror from scrappy and she will look good as new, plus it has the recaro interior that seems desirable, so may repair or sell as she is if I can get her back cheap.  Grin
IP Logged
Tons_of_fun

Mmmm...Xena !

View Profile

Re: CHRISTINES GONNA BE WRIT OFF!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 2:03pm »

Stu ,really sorry to hear that m8,flamin typical really you just get her sorted & some muppet goes and does this to you.well at least he,s got insurance,but a word to the wise....His insurance company is bound to make you a pityfull offer for your car.Really fight with them to get a good price.When my 2.0l got totalled they offered me £350 for it  Angry AngryI explained to them that i was in the owners club & it was a show car & compairable examples were fetching around £2000.I produced adverts from e-bay & auto trader for cars in that price range & also commented on the time & distance needed to be spent to see these cars (costing me time & money).After a 4 month battle ,constant phone calls & genrally being a pain in there a**e i finally got a pay out of £1650  Smiley Smiley Smiley
IP Logged

Lord...Sometimes im not that bright
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 6:36pm »

heya,

sorry to hear about the accident, it has been said on here before that you can ask for the car to be fully repaired,

where abouts are you? if your gonna break her id have the recaro int off you,  

or if your thinking of repairing, im about to break a diesel saloon, its dark blue but good doors and rear bumper... and im sure i can cut a wing off for you, ive done it before lol!
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
STUTET74

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 9:06pm »

I could have it repaired, but when mirror has been ripped off electrical gremlins have appeared! Central locking and fuses playing up! So id like to get it writ off and hopefuly buy back cheap!
IP Logged
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 9:13pm »

fair enough,  

id be interested in the recaro's though, are the door cards diffrent to the raven leather ones?

if you could take some pics for me i would be greatfull  Smiley
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.