Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2024, 12:23pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Electric windows and electrics not working »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Electric windows and electrics not working
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Electric windows and electrics not working  (Read 512 times)
oldfartscorpio

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Electric windows and electrics not working
« on: Dec 1st, 2007, 11:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

For some time now the off side electric widows and the drivers door window/ mirror / seat controller have been 'dead'. 2 days agoe, while driving home thru a particularly nasty storm both the drivers side and passenger windows decided to open all the way. Now they had not worked for some months so this was quite a surprise. Even worse, they will not go back up because the drivers / off side buttons are 'dead'. The windows in this position then  managed to flatten the battery, even with the ignition off.... so I now no longer have a working scorpio. Has anyone had this problemHuh?
IP Logged

Keep on driving
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Electric windows and electrics not working
« Reply #1 on: Dec 1st, 2007, 12:34pm »

Do you have a battery cover fitted?,  is the area around the two fuseboxes clear of leaves debris etc and are the drain holes in the bulkhead clear to allow water to drain away?. As the windows suddenly 'worked' in the pouring rain it seems likely that the problem is related to water ingress and the fuse boxes are the first place to check. The fuses for all the items you mention are in the drivers side fuse box so that would seem to be a good starting point.  Fuses 1 and 21 are listed as covering the exterior mirrors,fuse 6 the seats and fuses 25 and 26 the power windows. Have you checked the connector between the door and the pillar to see if there are any signs of wear or corrosion in  the terminals?. Have you had the large connector to the main fusebox off at all?. This unit MUST be replaced correctly or it will appear to be located but will actually be one row of pins out and cause various problems. When replacing it the essential thing is to make sure that the two pins are located fully into their corresponding 'lugs' BEFORE attempting to push the connector home. Smiley  THIS may be of help as might THIS
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 1st, 2007, 6:36pm »

As a temporary solution, try and close the wndows via the global closing if you have it..

put the key in the door lock, turn it to lock the doors and hold it in that position for a few seconds to see if it works.
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 1st, 2007, 6:40pm »

hi there

to close the windows, take the door cards off and connect 12v direct to the motor.

hth
IP Logged
oldfartscorpio

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Dec 2nd, 2007, 9:52am »

Lot's of good ideas to try. Looks like scorpio_man may be the only way.... get the windows up and at least I can use the car un til I fathom out the real problem. Thnaks to all, and if anyone thinks of any thing else that might be good to try let me know. Much appreciated. I'll keep you all posted on anything I find.

Smiley
IP Logged

Keep on driving
tintin

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 2nd, 2007, 11:32am »

my windows stopped working after rain, and started doing funny things. i also had hazards sometimes coming on Wink battery was draining overnight.

the problem was water coming into the passenger side footwell, under the glove box. it was soaking the CCM (and the ecu), plugged the hole (under the battery) and replaced the CCM and all was well again.

check under the glove box to see if there is damp !

hth,
IP Logged

'95 Cosworth Ultima
oldfartscorpio

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Dec 11th, 2007, 10:11am »

Shocked Keeping all informed as promised. The fault is in the Control unit found inside the door. PN F5RF-13C791-AD.

Now all I need is a replacement.

Thanks all
IP Logged

Keep on driving
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.