Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 6:27pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« installing fan switch on dash »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   installing fan switch on dash
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: installing fan switch on dash  (Read 363 times)
meatman

MOGIL0
View Profile Email

installing fan switch on dash
« on: May 1st, 2008, 9:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi
i am still having problems with my wiring loom until i can source a good replacement would it be possible to install a switch on the dash so i can manually switch on the fans.
if it is possible how would i go about it has anyone done this before would it just be a case of taking the feed for the switch from the green fan relay
cheers  
mark
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

Re: installing fan switch on dash
« Reply #1 on: May 1st, 2008, 10:09pm »

meatman.
The only time you really need the fans is when using the aircon,even in a moderate traffic jam they dont cut in.It would be a fairly simple operation to go direct to the fans without the relay via a switch,but is it worth the trouble?The wiring loom can be rebound if you are not given to fits of rage!as it is somewhat time consuming.
         GOZZ.
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

Re: installing fan switch on dash
« Reply #2 on: May 4th, 2008, 10:31pm »

If your fan circuit is working fine but it's just the ECU or thermoswitch that aren't working then a simple switch can be fitted to trigger the fans.  However if you're contemplating fitting a switch because one or more of the fans aren't running, or you know there's a problem in the circuit, then I would advise against it.

The fan circuit on the Scorpio is relatively complex (well, for a fan circuit at least!) and the green relay is actually three relays in one to provide the two speeds of operation.

When I had problems with my fan circuit, I traced it to a burn out loom (all the insulation had charred and was falling off) behind the front crossmember.  I cut out the damaged section and replaced it with new wires and it then worked fine on both speeds with no further attention.

Darren
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.