Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 8:36pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« My new baby! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   My new baby!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My new baby!  (Read 396 times)
deedee20

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

My new baby!
« on: May 17th, 2008, 2:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hiya all. Think this is in the right area! After buying my ultima 2.3 and parking up(waiting to change ins and road tax) I checked my oil and under the cap was a small amount of milky oil. I checked the oil itself by the dip stick and it looks like new oil which is clean with no milkiness here.  I have also noticed from the bill receipts that came with the car that it had the tappets done about 18months ago, (car has been stood for about a year) and have noticed there is tappet noise coming through quite loud till engine is warm. Any idea if these are connected? Thanks? Oh and on another note, the handbook does not show the 2.3 only the 2.0 and 2.9Huh
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

Re: My new baby!
« Reply #1 on: May 17th, 2008, 4:35pm »

Could be head/gasket problem rather than tappets, they can cause strange noises and mayo in the oil means something's not right. Gasket probs are quite common on the 2.3, not the end or the world.

As for handbooks, mine was one of the first 2.3 cars (Jul '96 build IIRC), my handbook never had it listed either. It's pretty much the same as the 2.0 16v if you're looking about the maintenance pages Smiley

Regards, Bruce.

IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
adzst24

OH NO! Im sure this bit goes back somewhere ?

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 17th, 2008, 5:31pm »

Hi
Just a thought before i got my frog i had a old volvo 850
2.5 gtl when i bought the car it had not been used for about 8 months so i changed the oil (very dirty but no water or milkyness) drove the car for a few weeks and then checked the oil guess what alittle bit of milkyness
and milk residue under the oil cap Undecided
but headertank was fine so i changed the oil and filter again and then the oil was fine i put it down to condensation in the block from standing for so long

My mothers little suzuki swift is only used on short runs and has always had milk under the filler cap but does not and never has used any water.

you never now yours could be like my old 850 ?
fingers crossed Smiley

ps. you could try a oil flush and oil change your self
the you will know the right grade of oil has been put in.

but these are only my thoughts as im not a trained mechanic Undecided
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 17th, 2008, 9:02pm »

as adz says i would flush n change oil + filter and give it a d**m good run keeping checks on the coolant level as milky oil is water in the oil, i would suggest though its prolly not a problem more likely a build up of condensation where its been stood.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.