Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 12:13pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« overheating »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   overheating
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: overheating  (Read 1474 times)
budgie

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

overheating
« on: Jul 13th, 2008, 9:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi all as ive already told everyone here ive had my loom problem sorted (at large expence)now ive got a overheating problem!!this actually isnt a new problem,its one of the reasons i took it to fmd in the first place.whilst driving any distance its fine,its when i am in traffic its a problem.as soon as it starts to overheat i just put aircon on high and temperature comes down straight away.would i be right in assuming its the fan which isnt coming on?i dont think this has anything to do with the loom i just had replaced but im probably wrong.im sure one of you can point me in the right direction.im hoping its not another expensive solution!!!cheers,budgie
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: overheating
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13th, 2008, 10:29pm »

hi there

which engine is it?

hth
IP Logged
budgie

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13th, 2008, 10:35pm »

hi ,its the 24v cosworth.
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 14th, 2008, 12:27am »

Could be the fan relay at fault  Undecided.....it's the big green one behind the drivers side headlamp  Wink
IP Logged
davem

A member since August 2000

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 2nd, 2008, 10:20pm »

on Jul 13th, 2008, 10:35pm, budgie wrote:
hi ,its the 24v cosworth.

Check both fans are coming on together, either both at half speed ..or both at full speed. There are only 3 conditions for the fans..and they should always work together. Both OFF, both half-speed, both full-speed.

Often, its not the relay but the fans themseleves. I have documented this on this board before, how to test and replace fans etc.

IP Logged

'95 Cosworth - 185,000 miles and still going
budgie

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Aug 7th, 2008, 3:57am »

hi all ,i took my car back to fmd and all is well .fans are kicking in when needed.looks like i was overeacting (not surprising after trouble ive had and cash ive spent!!).anyway you may be surprised to hear that they didnt charge me a penny for the day they had the car.they told me i had spent enough there in the last few months.
IP Logged
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 7th, 2008, 8:44am »

on Aug 7th, 2008, 3:57am, budgie wrote:
anyway you may be surprised to hear that they didnt charge me a penny for the day they had the car.they told me i had spent enough there in the last few months.

This sounds like it could be a touch of guilty concience creeping in, FMD not charging?.....  Grin Grin Grin

Glad there's no problems though.... Wink

Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Aug 8th, 2008, 11:56pm »

I hate to state the obvious.....but is the thermostat working okay ?  Smiley
IP Logged
budgie

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Aug 9th, 2008, 1:36am »

hi johnycab well according to FMD everything is fine.i still think its getting a bit too hot before the fans kick in but being a total novice i have taken FMDs word for it that everything is working as it should.to tell you the truth since ive had it back i have left the aircon off and yes the fans do kick in when temp gets high,im just a bit surprised it goes as high as it does.just as an afterthought do you have a good suggestions for sticking the rearview mirror on ? i have tried superglue,lasts for a while then comes off,FMD fitted it with one of their sticky things while they had it last but whether it was the heat we had with the weather last time i was home i dont know but it hasnt worked that well.ive had to keep pushing it back in place!!!i pushed it back in place when i left it in the airport carpark last tuesday so im hoping the 2 weeks its there without any movement it might stick in place and stay there.
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Aug 11th, 2008, 2:33am »

Regarding sticking the mirror back on so it lasts....

Buy a good sticky pad from Ford or any decent motor factor & clean both the surface of the mirror mount & screen with some isopropyl alcohol (although metholated spirits will do the job). It's important that the old sticky pad & any residue be removed before trying to refit the mirror with a new sticky pad  Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.