Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 3:17pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Locked out »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Locked out
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Locked out  (Read 1261 times)
ALAN

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Locked out
« on: Aug 21st, 2008, 1:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Could any one help please, i have disconected the battery as it was flat and have now found out that i cant get into the car. Everything is locked, boot, bonnet etc, i have the keys but nothing works, apart from breaking a window is there anything else i could try, thanks again.
IP Logged
JimmyJaffa

She may have a few lumps n bumps but shes my baby

View Profile Email

Re: Locked out
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21st, 2008, 4:26pm »

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Problems;action= display;num=1216886490

there is away via drivers door.
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21st, 2008, 4:57pm »

If it is dead locked the above thread wil be of no use ..in which case email or pm me for a method ...

IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
ALAN

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22nd, 2008, 11:34pm »

Thanks got into car now, before though the car just stopped on me and that is why i thought the battery was flat, now when i try and start the car nothing happens it does not fire or anything, the clock and rev counter go mad and that is all, does anyone know what is happening? Sad
IP Logged
v4-max aka Cheekyboy1

focus cc  mk3 mondeo 2.0 auto cbx750 vt600

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 22nd, 2008, 11:42pm »

Sad NEEDLES GOING MAD ARE A USUAL SIGN OF A DUFF BATTERY TRY JUMPING IT FROM ANOTHER CAR, IF IT STARTS THEN BATTERY IS FLAT, and probably needs replacing, there have been numerous reports on the site of bateries dieing over night in particuar halfords bats.
IP Logged
ALAN

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Aug 22nd, 2008, 11:51pm »

Thanks i will try and jump start it tomorrow, i will let you know if it works, thanks again.
IP Logged
ALAN

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Aug 23rd, 2008, 4:59pm »

Hi, bought some jump leads today but the car is still the same. needles go mad but car does not start or fire or anything. Huh
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 23rd, 2008, 6:51pm »

Hello Alan.

Are you sure you didn't miss one of the small leads when you reconnected the battery? Many people done this in the past and got some strange faults because of it.

No start could be a lot of things, when you turn the key do you hear any relays click?

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
ALAN

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Aug 23rd, 2008, 7:41pm »

No i dont hear any relays click, the car was playing up before i took the battery off, i was driving it and the battery light started flashing and the overdrive light started to flash and then the car stopped.
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Aug 24th, 2008, 2:05am »

Going on what Tiberius said.....check that the small lead going to the battery negative is nice & tight. If this lead is not securely connected then all kinds of problems can occur  Smiley
IP Logged
ALAN

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Aug 24th, 2008, 1:51pm »

Hve checked the leads they are all tight, tried to start the car , sometimes i get just a noise from the battery, othertimes i get noise from the battery and it turns on but doesnt fire, othertimes i get nothing no sound what so ever.
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Aug 24th, 2008, 7:35pm »

It sounds as though it is a battery fault. Have you tried replacing the battery. These cars need a vast amount of power to start them, even though the engine will sometimes turn over. Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
ALAN

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Aug 24th, 2008, 8:17pm »

Do you konw if there is a way of checking the battery before i buy one as i have heard they are quite expensive, thanks.
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 24th, 2008, 9:58pm »

ALAN.
Check the electrolyte with a hydrometer to ascertain whether or not all cells are roughly equal,if they are equally low then a recharge is required,if they are fairly high a high rate discharge test should be carried out at a battery sellers premises,if one cell is low it is dead,and the battery needs replacing.A battery hydrometer is not expensive,and is a'must have'a high rate discharge tester costs more,and you are as well to let someone carry out the test.A battery is about £50.00
          GOZZ.
IP Logged
ALAN

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Aug 26th, 2008, 7:40pm »

Had battery checked, says its fine, got an electrician looking at it now but he isnt having any luck either, dont know what else to do, any suggestions welcome, thanks
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Aug 27th, 2008, 8:26am »

try pulling a few of the relays , one at a time especially the ones for the starting system.
ALSO have a look at the main feed links ... all the fuse/relay details are in the handbook .
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Aug 27th, 2008, 1:56pm »

on Aug 23rd, 2008, 7:41pm, ALAN wrote:
No i dont hear any relays click, the car was playing up before i took the battery off, i was driving it and the battery light started flashing and the overdrive light started to flash and then the car stopped.

Definitely wiring, possibly I'd be looking at either the ignition switch or more likely the gearbox loom.
The gearbox loom can short out and prevent the car from starting or even turning over sometimes by fooling it into thinking the car is in gear and therefore inhibiting the starter.

I know this isnt recommmended or particularly safe but what i did with mine until i got it sorted was to leave the ignition on, Selector at P and the handbrake on and short the starter terminals with a spanner. it started that way every time.

IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.