Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 8:25am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« I cant get rid of my car i need therapy »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   I cant get rid of my car i need therapy
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I cant get rid of my car i need therapy  (Read 580 times)
ScorpioGirl

I Love My CAR

View Profile

I cant get rid of my car i need therapy
« on: Oct 23rd, 2008, 4:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Grin Hi people, you know i thought my cossie was just a car up till a few days ago, ive always loved her but even more so now what do i do!!!!!!!

Basically i took her into a garage and they totally tried to rip me off, it was the waterpump and fan belt £300. Ok so i pay that in cah and they tell me the next day that i should get rid of her, i ask why? they said  because the oil something has gone, i can do it for £400 , also the wiring is really bad and will cost alot of money u best put it on ebay u will get a grand, nice car!!! ok i panick stick it on ebay as i have the kids in it all the time too so obviously dont feel safe

I cry that night because its too much to take in

I beg my bro in laws mechanic to take a look

He said.... Lovely car i wuld have this off u, i sald please just tell me whats wrong

He said....Nothing apart from the ball joint and steering fluid leak, and some dosey thingy has yanked ur wires on the front,

I was like really omg, can you do it for me, yes he said cost bout £15 for this and £10 for that, i was estatic you can imagine, i give him a big hug, went home took the car off ebay and slept well that night. SO IS IT COZ IM A WOMAN, COZ IM NOT STUPID, I KNEW SOMETHING WERENT RIGHT.  
I really love my car, she black 24v with black windows, white indicators and just looks stunning.
Hope everyone enjoys reading this, i know i sound nutty but honestly im not, im driving round in a little silver peugoet at the mo and it really does not feel right,, i cant get the pic on here i dont know how to. If you saw me in this and then in my cossie you would know what i mean, my husband laughed at me the other day in the peugeot so i gave him the 2 finger sign lol
IP Logged
matt1987

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: I cant get rid of my car i need therapy
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23rd, 2008, 6:01pm »

there are some garages who see women and the pounds start rolling in there eyes, i would not use that garage again. as for pulling the wires that is not on.
IP Logged
ScorpioGirl

I Love My CAR

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23rd, 2008, 8:28pm »

I know, good thing is im not too naive, it does annoy me though, ive now had the car repaired properly for a fraction of the cost he was gonna charge me.
IP Logged
joe-satch

joe satriani is the best guitarist in the world.

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23rd, 2008, 8:39pm »

scorpiogirl,im very sorry to hear of your plight,and treatment by this garage...once all the things that need attention get sorted i wish you many happy years with your scorpio 24v. Smiley.kind regards den. Smiley.
IP Logged
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23rd, 2008, 9:21pm »

hey ScorpioGirl

as above its really annoying to hear that this still goes on, and like you i would never sell my 24v!!

all i can say is
NAME AND SHAME NAME AND SHAME NAME AND SHAME NAME AND SHAME NAME AND SHAME NAME AND SHAME NAME AND SHAME NAME AND SHAME NAME AND SHAME NAME AND SHAME NAME AND SHAME NAME AND SHAME NAME AND SHAME NAME AND SHAME
the garage lol Grin

Matt
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 24th, 2008, 7:04am »

I have come across the blank look on "mechanics" faces when they look under the bonnet of a scorp....  Undecided The ususal excamation is something like  Shocked  " cor I've not had any dealings with these 'Granadas' before they're a bit of a "=*@#%" to work on.... Huh  
i remember going to a FMD and even They didn't know what the car was let alone how to mend it.  Huh
Yeh, a bit of knowledge is the best weapon against these harlots... Grin

Enjoy your car and good on ye.... Grin

Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
ScorpioGirl

I Love My CAR

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 24th, 2008, 4:28pm »

Haha, yes you are all right, one thing that worries me at the mo she seems to  be missiing a bit, when i put my foot down she tends to take a breath and missing kinda jerks a bit does anyone know what this could be? Also you know the traction control button on the left side of you near the cd box, well itstays on permanently now on the dash, is this serious or nothing to worry about, ive got no speedo at the mo either as for some reason its under the black needle instead of the top lol, but thats all really nothing else wrong with her
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 29th, 2008, 2:57pm »

ScorpioGirls 24v  

IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 29th, 2008, 3:08pm »

on Oct 24th, 2008, 4:28pm, ScorpioGirl wrote:
Haha, yes you are all right, one thing that worries me at the mo she seems to  be missiing a bit, when i put my foot down she tends to take a breath and missing kinda jerks a bit does anyone know what this could be? Also you know the traction control button on the left side of you near the cd box, well itstays on permanently now on the dash, is this serious or nothing to worry about, ive got no speedo at the mo either as for some reason its under the black needle instead of the top lol, but thats all really nothing else wrong with her

The speedo needle sounds stuck, you need to remove the dash and the speedo plastic facing to move it OR you can unscrew the two dash screws above the speedo, pull the dash out a bit so you can unscrew the torx screw holding the clear plastic instrument cover and get something long and thin in through the gap to release it, fiddley put possible (I've done it)

Is it only your traction control light that stays on or does the ABS light stay on too??

As for the missing, has it been serviced recently? new plugs or had the engine washed??

Try cleaning your MAF too  
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cleanmaf.htm

IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

ScorpioGirl

I Love My CAR

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 29th, 2008, 5:02pm »

Oh fab i will get my huisband to read this as he might be able to do it, i will give it a try too, i am booking my car in for a service very soon as its due one in january anyway, also to reply to the above its is only the traction control light on.
IP Logged
sierra20

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 29th, 2008, 6:12pm »

wow your car looks stunning Shocked, what do you use to polish it?
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 29th, 2008, 6:38pm »

wow your car looks stunning , what do you use to polish it?  

hi there

don't know what was used on the above car, but we had this discussion a while back.

car polish

hth
IP Logged
mindofitsown

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Oct 29th, 2008, 10:50pm »

Wow! That car looks great. Here is the deal, I give you the therapy.....you give me the car .....OK?
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 29th, 2008, 11:24pm »

NOW THEN NOW THEN   Huh Cool
IP Logged
ScorpioGirl

I Love My CAR

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Oct 30th, 2008, 7:52am »

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
*Wow! That car looks great. Here is the deal, I give you the therapy.....you give me the car .....OK? *

HEY NO WAY!!!! my car, The polish i use is, well not alot really haha, no serious i wash it then rinse and i use that long rubber wiper that flick all the water off so theres no streaks, then wipe down with a soft towel, then once a month i use instant wax spray you get it from halfords, you just spray it on and polish straight away, i think its called SPEED WAX. I also use back to black turtle wax every so often when i have the time and patience, hope this helps
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.