Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 6:14am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Wiring Fault? Phantom problems »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Wiring Fault? Phantom problems
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wiring Fault? Phantom problems  (Read 422 times)
ScorpioGirl

I Love My CAR

View Profile

Wiring Fault? Phantom problems
« on: Nov 3rd, 2008, 7:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi what would be the cause of my temp gauge going all over the place and the drivers round green light for the temp control beiing off and the heating playing up, would it all be one wire or maybe a fuse, ive noticed when its idle it sounds like its being revved a little more than usual
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Re: Wiring Fault? Phantom problems
« Reply #1 on: Nov 4th, 2008, 8:53am »

As long as the car isn't obviously overheating, then the temp gauge behaving erratically could be down to a faulty gauge sender or wiring or the gauge itself. To check for faulty wiring or guage then pull off the sender multiplug & bridge the 2 connections in it with a piece of wire, then turn on the ignition. The temp gauge should go straight into the red. If it doesn't then it's a wiring or gauge fault  Smiley

The green light for the temp control on the heater panel is probably down to a blown bulb in the rear of the panel  Smiley

When you say the heating is playing up, what do you mean ?.....If it's lack of heat then could be a blockage in the heater matrix. To check this, warm the car up & feel the matrix in & out pipes. They should be the same temp. If the inlet pipe is hot & outlet pipe cool, then there is a blockage in the heater matrix.

Or of course the fluctuating engine temp & heating problem could be related & all be down to needing a new thermostat  Undecided

Hope this helps  Smiley
IP Logged
ScorpioGirl

I Love My CAR

View Profile

Re: Wiring Fault? Phantom problems
« Reply #2 on: Nov 4th, 2008, 4:49pm »

Hi there thankyou, the mechanic found an air bubble when i had the water pump changed this obviously happened. Anyway he flushed water in the bottle under the bonnet and the temp is fab again, so thats that prob solved, yes i will check the bulb for the light tomoro, that hopefully will solve that
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.