Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 4:27am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Locked out! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Locked out!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Locked out!  (Read 552 times)
kjells

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Locked out!
« on: Dec 12th, 2008, 2:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dear all,  
I cannot get into my car! It's a 97, 2,3 with remote control. Neither the remote or the keys works. What to do? Is it the battery?  

Yes! YES! Ja in Swedish. Now I am in and on again. When I tried the third time it was suddenly possible to open both with remote and key. Fine, but what is this? It is scary! I have checked all batteries in remote and car battery and they are all okay. Anyone who have experienced a similar thing?

Kjell  Angry
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

Re: Locked out!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12th, 2008, 3:54pm »

Not the battery, you can still unlock the door with the battery disconnected.

More likely you use the remote all the time and locks are siezing up.... you never realise until the remote battery fails Wink

I wish I had a pound for every time this comes up on the forum Wink (hmmmm probably its a Euro I should be wishing for now!!) Wink
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

kjells

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 12th, 2008, 4:23pm »

Hi again and thanks for the reply! As we never use the key other than for starting, it is unlikely that door locks should have been seized up although the key is for sure well used. What more is, I went in and changed batteries of the remote and that did not help at that time. Good enough it work third time. To avoid getting stuck somewhere because of battery failure of the remote I've taped extra batteries on the back of the remote and we also have the extra red key as a backup. Nevertheless, today the unlocking mechanism was recalcitrant to any of my backups to begin with.  For me it still a mystery.  

Smiley Smiley

Regards  
Kjell
IP Logged
nobbel

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27th, 2008, 11:10pm »

not a mystery, but worn rubber points for doors open and close. Clean contacts on the rubber an d the electronic part (brake cleaner or bref or so), take graphite powder (original powder to buy for little money) make the contacts shining like the moon, take your fingers to erase addititional powder and place the things together. It will work.  By the way: My MUSTANG has the same transponders, working since 14 years without any problem by excessive use every day, means: good quality for good guys an poor quality for the f***** europeans.
nobbel
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.