Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 7:32am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Electric mirrors and windowsRELAY 30 Drivers door? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Electric mirrors and windowsRELAY 30 Drivers door?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Electric mirrors and windowsRELAY 30 Drivers door?  (Read 989 times)
hopper

GRIMREAPER

View Profile

Electric mirrors and windowsRELAY 30 Drivers door?
« on: Dec 21st, 2008, 8:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I'm now on my 3rd Scorpio Cosworth 24v and my 2nd estate. This one is an M reg 1995. The electric mirrors work when there is no key in the ignition but as soon as the key is incerted and the ignition switched on the mirrors will no longer work. The 2nd fault is that the electric windows will not work from the front switches on drivers or passengers side whether the ignition is on or off, but the rear windows will open and close if the rear switches are used. 3rd the seats again are fully electric and work when the ignition is off but once the car is running the seats are no longer adjustable the only function that still works is the lumbar support. Has anyone found where the RELAY 30 is situated the manual states the drivers door, but looking into other postings no-one has found the relay there?

Regards Chris
IP Logged

Scorpio 24v Cosworth Estate 1995 M reg
hopper

GRIMREAPER

View Profile

Re: Electric mirrors and windowsRELAY 30 Drivers d
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24th, 2008, 9:48pm »

Further information,

When i purchased the car the owner stated that he had fitted a 5000 series radio himself and in error he touched the unit with a screw driver blowing a fuse. I have noticed that it has been powered by a perminant live feed rather than a switch live, so when you switch the radio on but turn the ignition off the radio stays on nomatter if the key is in or out of the ignition. Could it be that the previous owner has taken the live feed from the wrong circuit as the blower motor also fails to work since the previous owner fitted the radio but i am only going by what he has said rather than what i have found by removing the radio that is my task this weekend. I'll post what i find but the electric windows fault i've not found a posting from any other member. Also there are no lights in either the drivers or passengers side window switches but the rear switches have lights and do work.

Regards Chris
IP Logged

hopper

GRIMREAPER

View Profile

Re: Electric mirrors and windowsRELAY 30 Drivers d
« Reply #2 on: Jan 9th, 2009, 7:27pm »

Hi,

I found that the fault is linked to the 5 wires that supply the sunroof motor the 2 wires that are used for the Global opening/closing system had been disconnected and isolated as a result the drivers door electric controls and passengers controls for the mirrors and windows as well as operating the electric seats all did not work. Once I had reconnected the 2 wires correctly the windows and mirrors can be operated from the drivers and passengers door switches and also the seats can be adjusted with the car running rather than before only when the key was not in the ignition. Quite a few faults all linked to 2 snmall wires being disconnected.

Regards Chris
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.