Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 8:34am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Blower motor yellow relay behind glove box »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Blower motor yellow relay behind glove box
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Blower motor yellow relay behind glove box  (Read 641 times)
hopper

GRIMREAPER

View Profile

Blower motor yellow relay behind glove box
« on: Dec 25th, 2008, 7:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

On page 129 of the scorpio owners manual it lists the auxillary relays. There are 4x relays behind the glove box 2x yellow 1x blue 1x green. When I've pulled the glove box door down there is an access panel in the top which pulls down giving access to 3x relays 1x yellow, 1x blue and 1x green. So the yellow would appear to be for the blower motor or for the Air Compressor. However I also have a Scorpio 1995 Technical Service Training Manual. It however lists on page 103 5x relays behind the passengers glove box. Relays R28 yellow blower motor, R31 blue headlight washers, R36 Yellow power saver(battery), R37 green speed control system, and R38 air compressor. Is there any way to be sure that the yellow relay in the pulldown in the top of the glove box is either R28, R36 or R38. Or do i need to remove all of the framework for the glove box so that i can see all the relays that are behind the glove box. Could it be that there should b 5 relays in the top pulldown panel and I need to look further to see if the wiring is there with no relay fitted or the wiring has been moved or pulled and thus the relay is out of sight.

Regards Chris
IP Logged

Scorpio 24v Cosworth Estate 1995 M reg
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: Blower motor yellow relay behind glove box
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26th, 2008, 8:17am »

The relays you mention were AFAIK only fitted IF you had the options fitted.  
We have found over the years that there are a number of anomalies with regards the location and fitting of SOME of the relays . the only way of finding out which ones do what is to pull them out and see what does NOT work!
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 26th, 2008, 12:27pm »

hopper.
I can't be of much help to you on the relay front,other than to say that if you unplug the yellow relay in the roof of the glovebox the heater fan does NOT stop,as Snoopy says the number of relays vary with equipment specs,Exactly which "air compressor"is referred to for the supposed other yellow relay I don't know,my vehicles being stretched,
 all have pneumatic self levelling rear suspension,the compressor for which is behind the N/S of the front bumper,and is controlled by a little brown relay R20 in the Aux fuse box.Incidentally none of my vehicles has more than one yellow relay in the glovebox.If you have not yet removed these,they have to be unclipped from the mounting first,then the socket pulled off the pins,a knuckle busting passtime !
           GOZZ
IP Logged
gost

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 26th, 2008, 1:30pm »

Hopper, I took complete glove box off to find yellow relay, nothing there? Looked everywhere, could not find it, incidently glove box still off, cant seem to get it back on again Angry been like it for 2 months now Shocked
IP Logged

2.3 ultima
hopper

GRIMREAPER

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Dec 26th, 2008, 1:49pm »

Hi Gost,

Other members have suggested that the relays may not be there depending on the original specifications of the car. Where the glove box opens and the panel pulls down, was there another pull down flap in the top I know you said there is no relays there. There maybe the wiring connections but with out a relay fitted to it or possibly dropped off the blue relay should be for the headlamp washers that fit into the front bumper if fitted. The green Relay is for the Cruise control again if fitted. Iknow that there must be a blower motor fitted to the car and the relay is R28 behind the passengers glove box. I think the relay may not be there as such but the wiring and connection for the Relay maybe there. If not, I'm not sure where elce to look. Have you looked near to the ECU which is also behind the lower part of the glove box?

Regards Chris
IP Logged

gost

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 26th, 2008, 4:16pm »

Chris, i looked in the flap at top of glove box  can see nothing, nothing at all behind glove box, was looking for yellow elay cos blower motor not working, but now cured that prob, just have a big hole where glove box should be lol
IP Logged

2.3 ultima
hopper

GRIMREAPER

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Dec 26th, 2008, 6:04pm »

Hi Gost,

What was the cause of your blower not working as I'm having the same problem no blower and also no heat dispite the water circulating through the matrix as bot the inlet and outlet pipes are hot.

Regards Chris
IP Logged

gost

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 26th, 2008, 6:20pm »

Chris, I took out hbc unit, sprayed wd40 everywhere, if u put finges inside to the left as you look from front of car you can feel some sort of spring action, I just wiggled it a bit, sprayed wd40 and it just started working
IP Logged

2.3 ultima
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.