Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 12:20am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Went and bought myself a ford... »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Went and bought myself a ford...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Went and bought myself a ford...  (Read 1368 times)
SnowyScorpio

Scorpio 2,3L Hgv 1997

View Profile WWW

Went and bought myself a ford...
« on: Jan 26th, 2009, 4:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all.  

I went and bought myself a Scorpio 2,3 DOHC -97, and i have a few question that perhaps someone might have an answer to.

I bought a can of CRC AirCon cleaner (http://www.crceurope.com/wwwcrc/tds/TCA3%20AIRCOCLEAN.PDF). And now i wounder where i should spray this foam?... shall i spray it directly down into the Evaporator?

Im going to overhaul the right rear driveshaft to, any do and dont´s aside from what is shown in the PDF? Thinkin of reusing the old bolts...

Another question is how much petrol that spills when i disconnect the old fuelfilter to put in a new one. I dont wanna fill my grandparents garage with fuel.

So far iw done the following repairs/service to my new car.

*Cleaned the airfilter housing, something has been nesting in there, new pollenfilter to...

*Changed the drivebelt - Truely a smart solution by ford... took 2 minutes, max.

*Change oil, gearbox oil, coolant, termostat and PAS fluid. topped of whiperfluid.

*Installed a new sensor for the temperature gauge, the soldering was ok.

*New sparkpluggs - the ones that was removed was old as hell... strange gaps and coloring to...

*Changed instrument bulbs - i understod why one might hesitate, but now there is light in the winter darkness, heaterbutton to...

//The hairy swede...
IP Logged

Scorpio 2,3L Hgv 1997
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

Re: Went and bought myself a ford...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26th, 2009, 5:12pm »

Welcome and congratulations on your choice of Scorpio  Grin

What is the problem with the driveshaft ?
If you mean the 6 Torx bolts for the CV joint then yes, you can re-use them.
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26th, 2009, 5:20pm »

Hi there

I bought a can of CRC AirCon cleaner (http://www.crceurope.com/wwwcrc/tds/TCA3%20AIRCOCLEAN.PDF). And now i wounder where i should spray this foam?... shall i spray it directly down into the Evaporator?  

yes, but take the pollen filters out first. did you notice the temp to use it at?

Im going to overhaul the right rear driveshaft to, any do and dont´s aside from what is shown in the PDF? Thinkin of reusing the old bolts...  

i'd take note of the bolt positions, so they go back in the same place.  

Another question is how much petrol that spills when i disconnect the old fuelfilter to put in a new one. I dont wanna fill my grandparents garage with fuel.  

very little.

hth
IP Logged
SnowyScorpio

Scorpio 2,3L Hgv 1997

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Jan 26th, 2009, 6:18pm »

on Jan 26th, 2009, 5:12pm, Scorpio_Mike wrote:
What is the problem with the driveshaft ?
If you mean the 6 Torx bolts for the CV joint then yes, you can re-use them.

The outer rubber gaiter has broken, so im gonna replace it with a new one and grease up the other end.

@Scorpio_man: yes i did.. .so it have to wait untill spring...  

Rememeber another fix... The electric window was getting stuck and wouldnt close, so i opened the R30 relay and cleaned it a bit, and sprayed silicone spray in the window guides plus some grease in the movin parts. That fixed it, though i think that the relay had nothing to do with it.

I also discovered that it seems to leak gearbox oil from the reverslights switch on the gearbox. Is this common?And is there a o-ring or washer that can be replaced?  
Havent tried to tighten the bolts yet.

Edit: Darned it... i just discovered that i don have a torx bit of the right size, shopping time i guess. And i found another potential fault. The front right bumper stop is broke, anyone knows if this is something that needs fixing bad? The gaiter has a hole in it to..

//Lapplander
IP Logged

Scorpio 2,3L Hgv 1997
SnowyScorpio

Scorpio 2,3L Hgv 1997

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28th, 2009, 10:43pm »

And it sure was about time that that CV-joint was replaced. All that was missing inside the gaiter was the fishes, water ran out when i removed the driveshaft and the CV-joint was all rusty and bad.

Ordered a new one, set me back about 63£ (720 sek) but i need one soo....
IP Logged

Scorpio 2,3L Hgv 1997
Jads

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 29th, 2009, 7:34pm »

Hi Snowy Scorpio. Same car as mine, well mines '98. but great isn't it. So happens I replaced my fuel filter today. Little fuel loss but BIG warning - make sure you lock tight the bolt which secures the filter bracket to the chassis. If it comes undo, I think the filter could drop onto the drive shaft gaiter - which you really don't want. (Friction = heat = FIRE)  Worth a bit of extra care I think.
Enjoy, Jads.
IP Logged
SnowyScorpio

Scorpio 2,3L Hgv 1997

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: Feb 3rd, 2009, 10:34pm »

Well... it´s on the road again...  
I got that driveshaft in place with some elbowgrease.  Grin

As soon as i got into the car i noticed that the heated seat switches where out... *mumbel* Angry ... well... suppose i have to get some led´s and get the iron going.

Anyone knows if the adjustment panel for the side mirrors (the joystick) should be illuminated in anyway?  

Next project is to get some front foggers from the scrapper and install. Planning on fixin the headlights so that they are remote adjusted to. if i can get ahold of the damed motors.  Undecided

Saw that you britts got some snow, well.. if the forcast is right ill get at taste of that snow soon.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Scorpio 2,3L Hgv 1997
SnowyScorpio

Scorpio 2,3L Hgv 1997

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Mar 4th, 2009, 7:36pm »

Well.. not to much left on the car to do..

*Gotta wash its belly and anti-rust prime it and get some anti-rust goo on it...

*Sort out the electrics for the extra headlights, who the !#"¤ installed this?

*Check some fluidlevels

*Some loom repair

*Change pads all around.

*Injecting grease in some joints and such underneath..

Also.. .i maybe got a spare care soon... good stuff..

//Snowy
IP Logged

Scorpio 2,3L Hgv 1997
SnowyScorpio

Scorpio 2,3L Hgv 1997

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: May 18th, 2011, 10:32am »

Oh well... its on the road again after a MOT fail (front bearing, handbrake and front brakehoses).  

Also changed the rear shockers to some used, but working, ones. Wasnt that funny when i broke the damed bolt that had rusted stuck. Had a hell getting it out.

Also started to hear a noice from the rear right, often when i was turning. Figured that it was the wheelbearing so i started changing that to. Had a small heartattack when i noticed that the hub nut was almost loose, i could with no effort turn it by using a small wrench. Id been in for a nice ride if that would have come of on the road.

mechanics if fun... Smiley

//Snowy
IP Logged

Scorpio 2,3L Hgv 1997
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.