Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 6th, 2024, 1:16pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« HELP PLEASE !!! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   HELP PLEASE !!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: HELP PLEASE !!!  (Read 504 times)
kevstoke

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

HELP PLEASE !!!
« on: Feb 2nd, 2009, 10:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Ive been the owner of a ford scorpio 2L 16v ultima  for just over a week, but have encountered a few problems with it could someone  help me to try and solve these please:-
1-the heater blower switch is contantly on full blow and wont turn down it is currently connected to the battery because if i put the fuse in the car wont start.

2-power steering fluid is leaking

3-both rear  windows wont go down unless operated by drivers door controls tested cut off switch and thats operating ok.

4-the ford 2007 series stereo works but there doesnt seem to be getting any power to the cd multichanger in the boot.

i would appreciate any advise that you could give to me and many thanks to snoopy for accepting me as a member

regards
Kev
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: HELP PLEASE !!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 2nd, 2009, 10:48am »

Welcome Kev. As you have an Ultima it should have Climate Control and there is a re-set procedure for that which is detailed Here. Try that and also check out the 'buttons' on the left hand side of the page for more info. As for the power steering fluid. Can you see where it is leaking from?. Often it is the pipe from the reservoir to the pump. If it is replace it because it will drip on the alternator and not do it any good!. If you can't see any fluid it is most likely held in the gaiters which will be swollen. If that is the case I'm afraid it is a replacement rack. The window switches may just need prising out and spraying with contact cleaner or replacing. Someone on here will have some if you put a post on Parts Wanted. There is a known problem with the CD player in that a lead to it has a joint just a few inches away from the plug to the unit, the joint fails and just needs remaking. You may need to unwrap some of the outer covering to reveal the affected area. Let us know how you get on as there is plenty of help and advice out there and on the site.  Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
bigmumf

2.3 16v Ultima

View Profile Email

Re: HELP PLEASE !!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 6th, 2009, 6:09pm »

Did you manage to get the CD workingHuh  

I have the same problem, although at the moment the radio is in the airing cupboard to try to tickle it back to life!!

If you've stripped the cable & it's worked, I'll have a go myself....
IP Logged

Through adversity comes triumph...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.