Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 7th, 2024, 11:32am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« scorpio td auto probs »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   scorpio td auto probs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: scorpio td auto probs  (Read 1451 times)
eff511

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

scorpio td auto probs
« on: Feb 5th, 2009, 4:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi all i am a newbee due to just buying a scorpio and already got problems car very slow and has threw up 2 codes p0725 and p1226 is there any common problem or tests i can carry out also what is a control sleeve sensor and an engine rpm input cheers kev
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: scorpio td auto probs
« Reply #1 on: Feb 5th, 2009, 8:21pm »

on Feb 5th, 2009, 4:40pm, eff511 wrote:
hi all i am a newbee due to just buying a scorpio and already got problems car very slow and has threw up 2 codes p0725 and p1226 is there any common problem or tests i can carry out also what is a control sleeve sensor and an engine rpm input cheers kev

hi there

where did you get the codes from?

i don't see them on our list...
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/codes.htm

you've got a rare scorpio there. not many auto td's about.  

not sure what engine management system it uses. Huh

hth
IP Logged
eff511

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 5th, 2009, 9:31pm »

got the codes through my mates snap on solus p0725 is a generic code and the p1226 is ford (ids 2000?) the first saying engine rpm input-circuit malfunction, probable cause wiring,ckp/rpmsensor,ecm/pcm/tcm. the second said control sleeve malfunction.he has only just bought his diag kit and is still practising but he just shrugged his shoulders and said it might be a bad connection it might be a new sensor but he does not know how to test just diagnose but i have a good multimeter so if i know what to test and in what parameters i might be able to suss it out
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 6th, 2009, 10:59am »

hi there

iirc, the newer td's have 'fly by wire' throttles, so your first code might something to do with that. does it have a throttle position sensor?

the 2nd code might be something to do with the turbo/wastegate.

where abouts are you? i know of a good diesel engineering place in lanarkshire, if that's any good.

unless you can find out exactly what the codes are pointing to and also what parameters they should be at, then you'll be stumbling around in the dark.

i've no idea where to even look, bar taking it to an expert. the place i know of would run a diagnostic, tell you what's wrong and how much they would charge to fix it. most time's he takes the diagnostic charge off the final price.

hope this helps a bit.
IP Logged
eff511

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 6th, 2009, 11:49am »

hi there it is a fly by wire which someone has mentioned to me that it might just be the crankshaft sensor playing up i am based in birmingham and because i needed a car straight away for work i went out and bought a rover 825 sd today (the last one i had was just over 600k miles when i sold it) (ex taxi on its original vm engine)(i will only buy cars with vm engines ) so when the weather picks up i might have a look to repair the scorpio as they are much more comfortable than a rover but if someone comes along beforehand with £300 they can take it away as i am sure it is not much wrong as the engine has no funny noises and not belching out black smoke but is slow (probably suit a sunday driver) cheers kev
IP Logged
eff511

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 6th, 2009, 10:44pm »

hi all i have now found what the codes actually mean p0725 is crank sensor and p1226 is fuel quantity adjuster position sensor so now all i have to do is work out how to test them and all the wiring but my gut feeling is pointing at crank sensor not giving a correct reading so bringing up the other code but i will keep you posted on how i get on ps just borrowed a ford factory workshop manual cd-rom very informative cheers kev
IP Logged
eff511

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Feb 11th, 2009, 1:43pm »

does anyone know where the crank sensor is located either i am going blind or just missing the obvious
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11th, 2009, 6:02pm »

Have a look at THIS page. Check the date of your car and if necessary click on the other button on the left of the page. Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.