Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 6th, 2024, 11:24pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Autobox problem »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Autobox problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Autobox problem  (Read 3017 times)
and11

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: Autobox problem
« Reply #20 on: Mar 17th, 2009, 2:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Mar 5th, 2009, 3:28am, Jonnycab wrote:
One thing is bothering me now  Huh..... The AA guy saw what was wrong & manually (from underneath) slipped the selector out of P & into N so we could push it.

Now I've had a good look at it & fixed it, I'm wondering why the AA guy couldn't fix it  Undecided....all he had to do was slide the rod end back over the shaft & it would have been drivable, he could have even fitted a new clip (from his assortment of spares in the van) to stop it coming off again.....Once I jacked the car up & had a look, it literally took about 2 minutes to slip the rod back onto shaft & fit a new clip  Roll Eyes

Why did I ring the AA in the first place ?....for starters, it was parked on the road & it was raining  Roll Eyes. I have a limited knowledge of autoboxes, so didn't really know what to look for if I had got underneath (with my legs sticking out into the road). I'd just had a shower & didn't feel like getting dirty again & had to pick my litt'lun up from school in a couple of hours.....& I thought I'd get my money's worth from the AA, as I hadn't called them out for nearly 2 years  Wink

Have to admit though, the AA guy was here within 45 mins & diagnosed the problem as soon as he crawled under the car.....but it still beggars belief why he chose to move the selector to N rather than simply re-attach the rod  Huh

Think i'll join rac then! I,m having suspicions about my auto selector too, if u wiggle it a bit it ' locks ' into place in drive, but it feels loose in others also when at lights on 2 occasions it seemed feel in neutral for a second as i'v took foot of brake.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.