Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 6th, 2024, 7:19am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Dipped Beam Failure »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Dipped Beam Failure
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Dipped Beam Failure  (Read 795 times)
gdwalker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Dipped Beam Failure
« on: Mar 14th, 2009, 12:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Morning All,
 Cry It's that time of year again when I have to obtain that useless bit of paper called an MOT and would you believe it, my old bus has decided to exact revenge on me again...
This time it's the Dipped Beam thats failed entirely..
Sides, fogs and main beam all OK, Swapped the relay for the beam and dip, main beam remains OK, ruling out the relay.
Could be the switch in the dash, or the relay mounting that's gone dry joint.
The fuse box is dry and always has been.
Has anyone else had this problem, is the fuse box hard to remove and re-solder, it looks like getting to the back side could be difficult.
Vehicle is 'N' reg 2.0L DOHC Scorp Ultima.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Regards,
GDWalker
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: Dipped Beam Failure
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14th, 2009, 1:22pm »

Switch worth checking .... !

Otherwise wiring.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14th, 2009, 1:53pm »

hi there

you did check the bulbs and fuses as well?

hth
IP Logged
gdwalker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24th, 2009, 7:11pm »

Huh
Things have moved on - now, no lights at all work, windshield washers don't work, indicators stopped along with wipers, but a fiddle with the multiplug has got them going again (but for how long?? who knows!).
I'm of the opinion that the main fuse box has gone peepy night nights and of the opinion that fitting a new/ recon box should fix a multitude of problems relating to various other issues that have a common denominator being the main fuse box.
Can someone give me pointers to the removal and refit of the main fuse box - it looks like it could be a pig!! and if someone out there has done it advise if there enough play in the spaghetti to transfer the wiring over side by side, or have Ford been Ford and made the vehicle so all connectors have to be removed before attaching the new one??
If resolution looks like its going to be very expensive i think it might be time to drive the car (in daylight) to the scrapyard...and R.I.P. beloved Scorp..
Any assistance will be much appreciated..
Thanks in advance  
GDWalker
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24th, 2009, 9:11pm »

Steady on!. If you have been 'playing' with the multiplug the most likely thing is that you haven't got it back on correctly. If the main fusebox multiplug has been removed you MUST locate the unit into its 'lugs' in the casing BEFORE pushing it down. If you do not get it located correctly it will go down, APPARENTLY, correctly BUT actually be one row of pins out and thus give the sort of problem you now have. The saying on here is "If it goes on easily first time it 'aint on right" Check this out first. Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
PeteB

2.0 16v Ultima Saloon RIP \ 2.5 TD Ultima Saloon

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25th, 2009, 9:13am »

Sounds like the fuse box very similar things started to happen to me so I changed the main box.

I'm no car mechanic\electrician and I managed to change it. All you need do is remove some of the trim from under your pedals and then look up you will be able to see it held down by 4 nuts.

Take out all the multiplugs noting where they all go unscrew the nuts and it will lift out.

Its a bit difficult to unsrew due to the awkward position but I managed it ok, some people have said it easier to take the drivers seat out but I managed by just pushing it right back.

PeteB
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.