Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 7th, 2024, 9:26am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Worrying Autobox problem »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Worrying Autobox problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Worrying Autobox problem  (Read 2217 times)
and11

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: Worrying Autobox problem
« Reply #20 on: Mar 25th, 2009, 2:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

UPDATE > Kwik Fit computer is not compatible with my Scorpio, they say only ford will do it. Anyway, turns out the the leaking pipe under radiator is not power steering fluid as i was told, but it is autobox oil, so she been low on oil, i put a liter in and the gears were much better but not perfect. Can anyone tell me how much the autobox holds? 1996 2.3
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Mar 25th, 2009, 3:30pm »

The transmission holds 10.3 litres  Smiley......http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/manual/autotrans/A4LDESpecs.pdf
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: Mar 25th, 2009, 3:36pm »

on Mar 25th, 2009, 3:30pm, Jonnycab wrote:
The transmission holds 10.3 litres  Smiley......http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/manual/autotrans/A4LDESpecs.pdf

hi there

that's for a fully empty system. more like 5 litres+ if it's not emptied the system, which i wouldn't think it has as it still goes. just add a litre at a time and check it carefully using the correct procedure.

hth
IP Logged
and11

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Mar 25th, 2009, 3:49pm »

Expensive stuff to be leaking, £10 a liter from halfords. The metal pipes below the radiator appear to have had a few inches cut out and replaced with rubber ones with circlips at each end, i'm thinking i could replace these but not sure what size to use, if anyone can direct me to this info it would be appreciated. Andy.
IP Logged
and11

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: Mar 25th, 2009, 11:17pm »

on Mar 25th, 2009, 3:49pm, and11 wrote:
Expensive stuff to be leaking, £10 a liter from halfords. The metal pipes below the radiator appear to have had a few inches cut out and replaced with rubber ones with circlips at each end, i'm thinking i could replace these but not sure what size to use, if anyone can direct me to this info it would be appreciated. Andy.

But saying that,,, box probs had it Huh
IP Logged
tonker

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #25 on: Mar 26th, 2009, 3:25am »

Hi Andy. I think i know what your on about. My 2.9i done the same sort of thing at a roundabout waiting for the lights to change, they did i tried to move off and nothing excect high revs Angry and a bit of a burning smell from the clutch as i revved it like a complete loony. Embarassed
All i did was take my foot off the accelorator and limped off the lights, went home and tested the oil level in the gearbox as it was warm i could get a better reading. it was low. Touch wood it has never happened since.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
and11

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: Mar 26th, 2009, 10:10pm »

on Mar 21st, 2009, 3:43pm, Highlander wrote:
You say its jumping in and out of gear and going in to neutral  

Are you having to reselect the gear to get it to move again??

Actually it does find gear when selection 1 or 2 if nothing happens in D. 90% sure its oil though as top up showed a marked improvement, hope all is well when i get leak fixed but feel it could be a combination of poor maf sensor too.
IP Logged
and11

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Apr 6th, 2009, 5:21pm »

on Mar 26th, 2009, 10:10pm, and11 wrote:

Actually it does find gear when selection 1 or 2 if nothing happens in D. 90% sure its oil though as top up showed a marked improvement, hope all is well when i get leak fixed but feel it could be a combination of poor maf sensor too.

Leaks fixed and oil and correct oil level now, when i select drive it takes 3 seconds to engage but if i select 1 or 2 it will engage right away usually with a slight thump in 2 though. When i pull away i just put it back into D but the original problem is still their when it changes in 3rd, revs go too high and you sometimes get a clutch slip type feeling like in a manual so looks like a trip to ford dealers for codes. Reverse selects fine
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.