Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 4th, 2024, 6:26pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« compressor leak »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   compressor leak
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: compressor leak  (Read 544 times)
sierra20

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

compressor leak
« on: Jun 17th, 2009, 9:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

just had my condensor replaced now there is a leak coming from the front of the compressor from behind the clutch, quite a but of dye is coming out, is this likly to need a new compressor, or is there and additive that can be added to the coolant to seal the leak, if it needs a new compressor can anyone recommened a good cheep place to get one from and any idea of the price?
IP Logged
NiceMan

I am Real NiceMan.

45554408 45554408    
View Profile WWW Email

Re: compressor leak
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17th, 2009, 10:19pm »

I interestin too good and cheap... where can find new or rebuild whit garantiin....
Cosworth v6
In findland i find one place where its cost 440€
IP Logged
sierra20

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 18th, 2009, 8:04pm »

has anyone had dealings with this company before http://www.autoairconparts.co.uk/home.php they do the compressor for £240 delivered which seems pretty good, does anyone know if they are a reputible company or not?
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18th, 2009, 11:18pm »

If the compressor is leaking, then it's most likely leaking from the centre seal. The seal can be replaced but they are almost impossible to get hold of.....found a company a couple of years ago that could get hold of them, but you had to bulk order 25 of them, as it wasn't kept in stock & was a special order  Roll Eyes.......But you can repair it using 'Instant Gasket' though  Wink

You need to get the compressor off first & remove the pulley assembly. Then remove the 4 bolts holding the 2 halves of the compressor together & carefully pull the the 2 halves apart. I say carefully, because you don't want anything to move inside otherwise it won't go back together again.  
Usually the rubber seal between the 2 halves flattens off at some point causing a leak, so if you smear instant gasket around the whole seal (not too much as you don't want it getting inside the compressor) & then reassemble it, then it should hold the pressure......it worked for me  Smiley

Or you could just go down the breakers & get one for about £30  Smiley
IP Logged
NiceMan

I am Real NiceMan.

45554408 45554408    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 18th, 2009, 11:28pm »

My leak from that center place... N much but its leak.. And its keep little noise too... not bad but little...
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.