Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 3rd, 2024, 8:51am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« My first problems »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   My first problems
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My first problems  (Read 691 times)
Pelle

I'm sorry for my poor english!

View Profile

My first problems
« on: Jul 26th, 2009, 12:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all, Sweden calling *S*
Got my first Scorpio 2 days ago and have som qustions.
My left headlight wont work, i get ~9volt when its disconnected (motor not running) and allmost nothing when the bulp is connected. Can anyone give me some tips? It works when i get power from the right side light.

My echaust is corroded after the cathalyst but befor the front pipe, what to do? by a pipe of tube and weld? dimensions?

And finaly, im gona put in a cd-changer (an old kenwood kdc-c510fm) but dont know where to put it *s*. Where is it put orginal? Are there any pre-wiring, only need constant +, and +when the ignition is on and - (ground).
Sorry for my poor english, but i hope you understand and can get me some tips.
IP Logged
tonyboy

black2.924Vcoss ( No More )

Tony+Redden   Tony+Redden
View Profile WWW Email

Re: My first problems
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26th, 2009, 12:45am »

on Jul 26th, 2009, 12:09am, Pelle wrote:
Hello all, Sweden calling *S*
Got my first Scorpio 2 days ago and have som qustions.
My left headlight wont work, i get ~9volt when its disconnected (motor not running) and allmost nothing when the bulp is connected. Can anyone give me some tips? It works when i get power from the right side light.

Make sure the multiplug at the fuse box is in properly. Could try continuity test between the multi plug at the fuse box, and the socket at the light end.
IP Logged

I think i'm going, erm what do you call it..... Senial.... Huh
wojtekor

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 26th, 2009, 4:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

originally the cd-changer was mounted in the boot. there will be no wiring for it if there wasn't one originally. what's your head unit? your cd changer won't work with a Ford head unit unless you have a proper interface/adapter for it...
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 26th, 2009, 5:12pm »

Also check the plug on the raer of the ehadlamp switch for burningand the like . Its seay to get it out. Common fault and can cause a lot of similar problems.

As Tony states the MULTIPIN plug on the fuse box has also been known to give similar syptoms. It appears to connect properly but is often one row of pins out. Take time and check it very carefully.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
tonyboy

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 26th, 2009, 8:06pm »

My Expeirience Of A Headlight Problem  
First of all, apart from checking fuses 10/11 and mainbeam bulbs
Check that the multiplug at the fuse box is properly seated, as this can cause all sorts of weird electrical problems.
1.  Test to see if power getting to the stalk/ switch (Green Wire )

2.  Test to see if power getting to the fuse box from multiplug at stalk/ switch ( Yellow/Red ) fuse 10/11  If no power Test it to the multiplug going into the fuse box ( under the dash )
( Do the above tests with the fuse box multiplug connected )
( If above tests are done with multiplug disconnected, when stalk/ switch is switched to mainbeam on, the test will show no voltage, and when mainbeam is off ther will be a voltage present. Which made me think the switch was faulty )
3.  Test for continuity between multiplug at fuse box end to the socket at headlight end ( Violet/Orange for R/H side, Violet/Black for L/H side )
4.  Check the lighting switch on the dash above the coin box.
Check for any burning or melted in the socket
5.  Whist going through the tests have a look at the connections to see if there clean.
If they check out ok, which was in my case it is probably the fuse box
I'm no auto electrician and this is just my expeirience
IP Logged

Pelle

I'm sorry for my poor english!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 27th, 2009, 11:37am »

Thanks for all the tips.
I have connection and power betwen the multiconnector and the headlamp, and now after cleaning and testing i got 12volt to the connector for halflight, but when i plugg it in to the bulp i just get 0,03volt? Can it be anything but the fusebox? its seems to loose power when its under load/strain (cant get the right translation). To day i will try to look under the fuse box.
Its a lefthand drive så everything it mirroved, even the color on the wirring.
Anyone know where to ordering catalyst and exchoust system? its seem to be mutch sheeper from uk.
IP Logged
tonyboy

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 27th, 2009, 5:44pm »

If your getting 12V at the connector then 0.3V when connected you could try putting a bridge between the headlight connector and the bulb see if your getting 12V then. But the headlight connector must be connected because of the ground wire ( black ) if that works ok it's probably the wire beween the bulb and the connector, If it's still reading 0.3V it could be the ground wire
hope this helps
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.