Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 4th, 2024, 2:19pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 2,0 16v dohc problem »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   2,0 16v dohc problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2,0 16v dohc problem  (Read 670 times)
Ewing1

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

2,0 16v dohc problem
« on: Aug 16th, 2009, 6:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi all.  
i´ve had my scorp serviced at the garage. they put in a new air filter and a few other minor things. my problem is that i turn on the engine i can occasionally hear a klonk with regular intervals- it makes the car wobble a bit and sounds very alarming. this happens with the engine running at low rpm fx from 1000-2000.  

the guy at the garage said that the there is a leak at the exhaust manifold. therefore the car did not pass the test for "pollution" (i don´t know the english word, sorry)  

the car is running very unsteady- almost as if the fuel filter was completely dead but that is not the case. They mentioned that it could be a problem with electricity/wiring (actually I have noticed that the wiring seems very old and damaged.  

the question is will the car pollute less and therefore pass the test if i have the exhaust manifold fixed. and can i do something about the unsteady electricity myself? I´m do not have much knowledge regarding cars- unfortunately

thanks a lot for your help  

Ewing1
IP Logged
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: 2,0 16v dohc problem
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16th, 2009, 7:44am »

Hi I think you have answered your own question here and that is the wiring loom that runs from the coil packs (Situated under the rocker cover) to various parts of the engine has perished and bear wire will very likely be seen, if this is the case then a repair can be done or a new  replacement I think these retail at about £150.00 but other members will be more imformative than myself.

Good Luck   Kenboy
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 16th, 2009, 7:51am »

Kenboy is correct BUT if they have removed the air filter etc check the MAF has been re-connected properly and clean it. Details are HERE. It would not be the first time someone has forgotten to re-connect the electrical plug as it can drop down out of site behind the lights.
The loom damage can be seen Here. Click on the photographs to enlarge them.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Ewing1

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 16th, 2009, 10:19am »

hi. thanks a lot for the advice. I will check it immediately. Great forum

best regards
Ewing1
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.