Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 3:31am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« interior lights stay on »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   interior lights stay on
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: interior lights stay on  (Read 411 times)
ashley

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

interior lights stay on
« on: Nov 9th, 2009, 3:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all can anyone help my  interior lights are staying on even after the doors are locked they go out after about 30 minutes any ideas.
   Just found some more info that may help. After the car had stood for some time and the lights had gone out I went to unlock the door as soon as it unlocked the lights came on as normal. Then as I started the engine the lights went out as they should. I got to my destination switched the engine off and opened the door  to exit the car the interior lights went on as usual.  I DID NOT LOCK THE CAR as I was only posting a letter, after returning to the car the lights were still on and after starting the engine they remained on as I drove home and remained on even after the doors were locked, on locking the door the lights  flickered as the locks locked but that was it. I guess they will go off again after about 30 minute
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re:  interior lights stay on
« Reply #1 on: Nov 9th, 2009, 5:40pm »

The reason they go after 30 minutes or so is because of the built in power saver which cuts power to them so as not to drain the battery if they are accidentaly left on.

As for them not going off as they should, it could be a dodgy interior lighting relay that is powering up when the doors are opened and not powering down for whatever reason. Either that or a switch is not activating possibly because of a broken wire behind the switch. May be worth just dropping the door switches out and having a look

baz
IP Logged
tonyboy

black2.924Vcoss ( No More )

Tony+Redden   Tony+Redden
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 9th, 2009, 6:18pm »

I know you've probably checked. but have you got the lights on permanant or are they off. If they are switched on they will go out after 30 mins or so and stay on when you drive. If switched off they should go out after about 30 secs. Just a thought.............
IP Logged

I think i'm going, erm what do you call it..... Senial.... Huh
ashley

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 9th, 2009, 8:59pm »

THanks for your ideas guys I have the  interior roof lights  switched off its the ones in the foot well and back seat that dont go off. I also checked to see if the door lights went out when I pushed the door switched and they did. I dont know if that gives you anymore clues many thanks Ashley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.