Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 12:26am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« ABS, rear window lifters and a question »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   ABS, rear window lifters and a question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ABS, rear window lifters and a question  (Read 643 times)
nobbel

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

ABS, rear window lifters and a question
« on: Dec 11th, 2009, 10:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi folks,
the latest news after a fool parked his car in mine: my scorpio is back on the road again and looks now better than a new one. But:
1) 3 weeks ago my battery broke down so that I needed a jump start and a new battery. After that, my ABS-lamp stayed on. OBD-check said: no signals and a dead hydraulic pump. But the pump worked with external power. I bought a "new" block (hydraulic + computer) and waited for better weather for working. 4 days ago I started driving and - what's that - the ABS-lamp went off an d the system works till now. Gremlins? Should I better change the ABS-system?

2) After getting my car back, the rear window lifters didn't work when pressing the front buttons. The left lifter worked when pressing the rear button. That problem disappeared some days after installing the new battery.

The right rear lifter doesn' work till today. I checked the lines and connections and replaced the switches and installed a new motor. The motor gets power and there is a clicking noise from the module in the left front door. What could I do else?

3. My son has two cars, a 1997 2,3 estate and a 1995 2,9 Cosworth, not an estate. Sorry, I don't know the word for that. The last one will be sold next year. He wants to change the complete power-train so that the estate will get the 2,9 engine and the other one the 2,3. Both cars have automatic gears.  
Has anyone done that before? Are there severe problems? It would be fine if anyone could tell me something about that.
greetings
nobbel

(edit: now I know the word for that sort of cars: salooooooon!! Old men schould care about the proper operation of the brain.) Roll Eyes
IP Logged
nobbel

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: ABS, rear window lifters and a question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14th, 2009, 12:38pm »

Embarassed No one having any ideasHuhHuh?  Cry
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2009, 3:12pm »

The code C1095 Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Failure often means a problem with the controller but can be a problem with the power supply.
I found the ABS light would often come on after a few miles, with the light gradually coming on sooner/more often as the problem within the controller got worse.
Details of the problem can be seen here (this is for the later style of controller but also occurs on the earlier ones):
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/abscontrollerrepair.htm

Assuming that is the problem you don’t need to change the hydraulics just the controller.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
sapte

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11th, 2010, 3:40pm »

where is that controller located? I have the same problem
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11th, 2010, 5:56pm »

Have a read of This page. Click on photos to enlarge. The unit sits on the f/o/s inner wing behind the washer bottle.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
sapte

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12th, 2010, 5:27am »

Wow, thank you very very much, shall get to it ... now any reason why the abs lights would stay on only during the summer, hence only during hot weather?

IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 12th, 2010, 7:16am »

When I had problems with the solder joints in my controller it was often alright with a cold engine compartment in December but the light came on once well warmed up:
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/abscontrollerrepair.htm

Not saying this is the problem, but a possibility. It makes life a lot easier if you can get the fault codes read.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.