Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:38am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« CC Panel »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   CC Panel
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CC Panel  (Read 573 times)
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

CC Panel
« on: Jan 8th, 2010, 6:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well I put the new bulbs in the CC Panel today, and connected the ribbon wire back up and the CC Panel is now not working properly.    Embarassed   What's happening is, the drivers side temp' display is staying on Hi, and when I press it to lower it, the AC light is coming on, when I pres it again the AC light goes out.   So, the value of the temp' is not moving at all, but it's operating the AC.   Also the passenger temp' value moves up and down as usual, but it only moves between Hi and 24, it won't go lower.    

I have disconnected it and made sure all the pins are ok, and gone through a full diagnostic check as per this site, and it comes up with the 00 every time.   I've also done the re-programming bit, but to no avail!

I was a bit brutal with it trying to extract it, and one of the clips was so far bent that I had to force it off, I suppose this may have done some damage internally?    

All to replace the bulbs eh!   At least it's illuminated now!! Roll Eyes

So, my questions are, is it goosed?   Can someone please supply me with one if it is?   Mines a 1998 pre-face lift 2.3 Ultima.

Thanks, Peter.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: CC Panel
« Reply #1 on: Jan 8th, 2010, 8:19pm »

The difference between the 24 and Hi is the maximum difference you can have between the two sides of the car, that is why it will not go any lower than 24 when on Hi on the other side!

As for the other problem, it could be that the internal circuit board may have moved possibly when being wrenched from the dashboard!! Do you have a spare panel to check?

Baz
IP Logged
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 9th, 2010, 7:49am »

Hi I think Baz is on the right track I had a very similar problem myself and tried various remedies over time, through trial and error the problem was sourced to the SATC Module, which Baz mentioned has a printed circuit board inside and is prone to solder joint cracking I managed to source a used module but to no avail so I carried on for a while until another module was sourced and all ok now, it seems I was unlucky with the first replacement so my advice would be to go down the SATC road, simple enough to change over, good luck.

Kenboy
IP Logged
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 9th, 2010, 9:50am »

Thanks guys.   I thought I might have goosed the panel because I was quite rough whilst taking it off and while getting that clip off.   Unfortunately I don't have a spare so I'll have to scrounge one from somewhere.   I'll put a request up on the parts board.

Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 9th, 2010, 12:17pm »

The SATC module isn't the CC panel. The SATC is behind the CC panel & it is where the CC panel ribbon cable comes from.

Are you positive that the ribbon cable is pushed into the rear of the CC panel properly (side clips are holding it in) ?.....It's just that I can't see how removing the CC panel would stop it working if it was working fine before.  

If the SATC hasn't been touched at all, then I can't see why this should suddenly stop working either.

You haven't yanked the ribbon cable at all...maybe causing it to break a couple of connections in the SATC module ?....just a thought  Wink

Hope this helps  Smiley
IP Logged
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 9th, 2010, 5:26pm »

I realised after that the SATC module isn't the CC Panel.   I was very careful with the ribbon cable when disconnecting, and it is back in place fully with the clips across.   I was pretty rough with the CC Panel when trying to remove the holding clips, two were broken and one had to be rather forcefully removed!   I also had to do a lot of 'persuading' to get the panel out of the dash because of the broken clips.   I'll get a hold of anotherpanel, and if that doesn't work I'll get a SATC module, hey ho, I'll let you's know what happens next!   Thanks for all the help on this.

Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 14th, 2010, 4:26pm »

Got a good condition, (better than mine) CC Panel from Spikies Scorpios for £17.50, put it on and did a reset, the 'Dogs-Danglies'!!    Grin   And it's got lights behind it now!!!   Shocked
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.