Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 12:35am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 24v misfire »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   24v misfire
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 24v misfire  (Read 477 times)
BrianC

View Profile

24v misfire
« on: Feb 18th, 2010, 9:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,

I am having trouble with my Cosworth Saloon and was hoping for some help. The car has been missing occationally for some time. Not seriously but it is getting worse. My local ford dealer and a local mechanic and myself keep finding things wrong which fixes it for a while but eventually it comes back. So far, we have found perished vacuum pipes, a very dirty MAF sensor and an oil leak from the rocker cover gasket which was dripping oil onto some of the wiring at the front. I have checked the OBD codes and am getting codes for the cam shaft possition sensor. I have changes this and cleaned all the cables and the connector and checked for damage in the cables but all seems fine but the fault and error code continues. Any ideas where to go next? My guess is that there is another electrical conector somewhere but as the cables go into the wiring loom harness, it is difficult to trace it. Any ideas?
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: 24v misfire
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18th, 2010, 10:27pm »

hi there

have you checked/cleaned the harness connection on the inner wing, below the power steering reservoir?

give this a clean.

also check the wiring  along the x member at the front.

hth
IP Logged
BrianC

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 18th, 2010, 10:35pm »

I haven't checked the conector below the steering resevoir. I'll check it tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Thanks for the help.
IP Logged
martin_rowe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19th, 2010, 8:46am »

Check engine wiring loom.
IP Logged

Rally Drivers Do It Sideways
geoff_bateman

2.9 12v Estate

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 24th, 2010, 8:52am »

Ditto Martin. Check engine harness, I was having erratic misfire problems so I unwound the tape off the loom and wow - it was amazing that the loom hadn't caught fire. Large lengths of insulation crumbling, powdery and in some places dissappeared all together. Had to spend several hours splicing in new cable and re-wrapping the harness wire by wire to repair the faulty insulation. I believe from reading on here, that this problem was solved on later cars with a change of cable spec, but it does seem to be a common problem on early vehicles.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.