Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 6:25pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« petrol flap lock cycling »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   petrol flap lock cycling
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: petrol flap lock cycling  (Read 582 times)
pedropedro

View Profile

petrol flap lock cycling
« on: May 24th, 2010, 5:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

whether a coincidence  or not after changing ecu on friday ..today heard noise, pulled over and the lock mechnaisn was cycling going back/forth....  i locked, unlocked car and eventually stopped..   drove home tonight doing same thing..eventually stopped after lots of lock/unlocks,,,any ideas whats going on   ..getting a bit tired of all the probs at moment!
IP Logged
pedropedro

View Profile

Re: petrol flap lock cycling
« Reply #1 on: May 24th, 2010, 6:31pm »

now removed motor assy as couldnt stop it cyc;ling..it was ok locked but unlocked..went crazy

but why is it doing it  is  it simply a bad motor assy   or is a bad signal to the motor?
IP Logged
tonyboy

black2.924Vcoss ( No More )

Tony+Redden   Tony+Redden
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: May 24th, 2010, 7:47pm »

I have exactly the same problem. It started about a month ago when i changed my gearbox oil, although that has probably got nothing to do with it. But first my ignition wouldn't turn off if my lights were on, turn my lights off and the ignition would turn off. Then my back heated screen didn't work, then i noticed the locking on the petrol cap kept going in and out when the engine was running and wouldn't stop untill i got out the car and locked the doors. Somtimes it stopped if i locked and unlocked the doors from the inside, also sometimes when turning the lights on and off. Then it stopped doing it for about 3 weeks, then at the weekend it started again. Iv'e checked all the fuses, But iv'e got quite a few electrical gremlins, I just put up with them. But i do know what you mean by being annoying when you can hear it going in and out all the time when your driving.
IP Logged

I think i'm going, erm what do you call it..... Senial.... Huh
pedropedro

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 24th, 2010, 7:52pm »

you can kill it easily...pull out the side protective cover in boot behind filler cap ..you have to manouver cover under spring.......you can see motor ..twist assy to left and pull out disconnect connector...just did above took 5 mins
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 25th, 2010, 1:17am »

Mine did it today as well & I think it may heat related Undecided (it's been particularly hot the last couple of days). I remember it also did it last year, on very hot days.

If I move the car so that drivers side isn't in the direct glare of the blazing hot sun, then it seems to cure the problem  Smiley
IP Logged
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: May 25th, 2010, 4:46pm »

Somewhere along the line is a change over switch, if it's anything like the door lock motors; it rotates until the switch opens, cutting the supply.

Then for the opposite state the supply is applied to the opposite contact, so has to rotate again until the first condtion is restored. Could be the switch is not opening, water in it? or a short between two cables. (?)

It's in the cdoorloc.pdf wiring diagram, wires whilte/violet yellow/violet black/white

IP Logged

Mike H
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.