Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 7th, 2024, 11:29pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« A few little niggles »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   A few little niggles
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A few little niggles  (Read 682 times)
Mantash

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

A few little niggles
« on: Jun 25th, 2010, 12:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi I'm a newbie, both to this site and to the Scorpio (although I did have a 2.0 Ghia Granny a long while ago - okay shoot me now).  Having recently joined the Scorpio clan with my S-reg Ultima Cossi I'm starting to get past the WOW stage and into the 'oh I wish this bit would work' stage in the love affair.  So I hope you don't mind if I post a few of the minor niggles which have me scratching my head - any tips (but keep 'em simple as I'm no mechanic) or words of advice gratefully accepted.
(oh yes, I'm sorry if all of these have been answered elsewhere but there are so many pages to look through and no search [that I can see])

1.  ABS light & traction light always on - well they went off for all of 5 minutes about two weeks ago.

2.  Driver's seat (electric) won't recline - all other movements okay but can't get the back to go in any direction.  Can hear the motors whirring away but nothing moves.

3.  Lights behind heater controls don't come on unless you turn the right hand control (the dirrection selector) a few times and then only half of them come on.

4.  Nearside mirror does not dip on reversing - not sure if this was available on all Ultimas?

5.  No warning 'bing' when opening the driver's door with the headlights left on - that one cost me an hour's wait for the recovery truck a couple of weeks ago.

6.  Wheel judder on breaking

7.  Remote radio controls on steering column don't seem to work.

8.  Steering column lock (for adjusting up or down) does not keep the wheel in place.

9.  Sunroof does not open (I reckon even I can fix this problem)

10. Handbrake cable has snapped (how easy is it to replace?)

Sorry that there are so many wee things but I love the car to bits (as does everyone who gets in it) and would really like it to be as near 100% as possible.

Thanks
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: A few little niggles
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25th, 2010, 7:33am »

The hadnbrake details are Here. Be sure to read the section on Adjusting and also check that the rear calipers are working correctly. If you take the calipers off you will need a 'wind back' tool to get the pistons back as they wind in and cannot just be pushed back like the front ones.  
The sunroof details are Here. Check out the other relevant 'buttons' on the left of the page.

The search facility is on the front page. Click on the words Ford Scorpio at the top of this page. That will take you to the front page. Scroll to the bottom of it and enter a word in the box: ie Sunroof, Handbrake.  Also on the left of that page you will see a 'button' marked Fault Finder. Click that and work through the list.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Mantash

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: A few little niggles
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25th, 2010, 10:17am »

on Jun 25th, 2010, 7:33am, Simmo wrote:

The search facility is on the front page. Click on the words Ford Scorpio at the top of this page. That will take you to the front page. Scroll to the bottom of it and enter a word in the box: ie Sunroof, Handbrake.  Also on the left of that page you will see a 'button' marked Fault Finder. Click that and work through the list.

Thanks for that - I guessed that there'd be one somewhere but sometimes Ineed a map to get off my own sofa ...
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.