Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 7th, 2024, 7:24pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« fuse's dont jive with diagrams »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   fuse's dont jive with diagrams
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: fuse's dont jive with diagrams  (Read 552 times)
landlord

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

fuse's dont jive with diagrams
« on: Aug 29th, 2010, 4:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i have a 2.3 ultmai witha battery drain . i've done the test with dmm and found 5 fuses that sent my meter over the top . when i have check back agains , user manual  and others on the net i get confused .  pulled 30amp fuse book said was windows , turned out to be door locks . there are others , but has anyone elese got the same problems , wher can i get and ultima fuse box diagram that i know is correct .
    also relays behind glove box , i can only find a single empty blue one .  
    i have a single red , fused wire running off the battery . is this normal or has the owner before me been a bit of a bodger ?
   as always all help welcome .
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

Re: fuse's dont jive with diagrams
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29th, 2010, 4:51pm »

The Scorpio wiring isn’t always as expected which is why the advice is sometimes given to check all fuses.  
There are errors in the handbook and elsewhere. For example R5 is for interior lights & not as in the handbook.
You’ll find Snoopy posted the wiring diagrams in the How to do things section.
Whether or not there are relays behind the glovebox seems to vary depending on spec/year etc. there are no relays behind the glove compartment on mine.

A single red, fused wire running off the battery isn’t normal nor does it necessarily mean the owner before you was a bit of a bodger – that rather depends on what it’s been put there for.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29th, 2010, 4:58pm »

The number of relays in the glovebox compartment will vary with the level of things fitted. For example the blue socket relates to headlamp washers. If there is a fused supply from the battery then it is an 'add on' probably for some accessory used by a previous owner. As for the fuses you need to remember that many items on these cars are interlinked. For example the door locks must have a connection to the windows for 'Global Closing' so there may well be an effect on both. The details in the handbook are the best detail I am aware of. Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29th, 2010, 5:54pm »

The red fused wire could have been for an auxillary alarm or a feed for other equipment that was installed but has now been removed. See where it goes.  Lee
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.