Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 8:33am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« That dirty right back window.... »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   That dirty right back window....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: That dirty right back window....  (Read 780 times)
nobbel

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

That dirty right back window....
« on: Dec 27th, 2010, 5:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi to everyone,
I hope you had some nice christmas-days and you are looking foreward for a happy new year.
My ABS is still working and I needed it very often the last days because "Petra" (you know that low-pressure-area) sent us a lot of snow and ice.
There is another story, but that doesn't make me nervous. But I don't like things at my car which don't do what I want.
The history: Last year in october I had a crash on the A2 (KM 164,4, ha!), where someone tried to park his car in mine. The result was that the car needed a new rear bumper and a little bit of dozer-work. You only could see that the car was a little bit shorter on the left side and that side was a very little bit turned upside. They needed 15 tons (!) of towing-power, killed a bolt on the dozer by 9 tons and that was it. Afterwards a little bit of paint and good. Taking my car back home my friend said that both rear windows didn't work. The left one went up very slowly but the right one stayed open. I checked both doors and found out that someone (long time ago) had fixed a cupholder on both sides, turning the screws through the wiring. So far so good, the left window works fine, goes up and down till now. But the right one doesn't want do do its job.  
I did: checked power - there is power for up and down. I changed the front and rear switch, changed the motor (both are working!) and checked the door connection. When I operate the front or rear switch, I can hear a clicking noise in the passenger (right) door. But no reaction from the window. What have I to check next? Is it that module sitting in the right door? Could it be the connection at the right front door?
It's not an urgend problem but I want to have solved it before the summer comes. My Irish Wolfhound likes fresh air.
Greetings
Werner
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: That dirty right back window....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27th, 2010, 5:54pm »

Have a look at This page. It may be the actual  window lift mechanism which is at fault.  Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
nobbel

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 5th, 2011, 9:13am »

Thanks a lot, I'll try it, when I have the chance tor work without blue fingers.
Werner
IP Logged
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10th, 2011, 3:43pm »

on Dec 27th, 2010, 5:40pm, nobbel wrote:
and found out that someone (long time ago) had fixed a cupholder on both sides, turning the screws through the wiring.

What the ..

IP Logged

Mike H
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.