Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 5:21am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« More ABS Problems »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   More ABS Problems
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: More ABS Problems  (Read 1981 times)
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

Re: More ABS Problems
« Reply #20 on: Jan 26th, 2011, 4:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The best thought always come from sitting on, 'The Presidents Chair'  Wink   I wondered if the wires going into the connector at the control unit could be poor?   They seem quite hard rather than flexible!   Something for another day perhaps, it's now piddling down with rain, cold, and the sitting room Stove has been fired-up.    

Peter.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Jan 26th, 2011, 4:32pm »

I’ve heard of people having trouble with that loom, indeed just to cheer you up someone had it burn out – remember the thick orange/yellow wires are always live.

I think I’ve read on the mailing list they go through a connector inside the car behind the panel in the footwell by the front wing - don’t know which side – however I’ve not managed to find the post so I may be wrong.

I don’t think there is anything else connected on the sensor lines so I can’t see why wiring directly shouldn’t work.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: Jan 26th, 2011, 4:39pm »

OK.   Just gone back outside whilst there is still a wee bit of light left!   Checked for continuity in all sensors from the control unit, waggling the wires and all sorts.    Back to just the front-right not giving a reading, all others giving 1.04.   So back to Sq-1!   But I know the sensor on the front right from the connector in the inner-wing is giving a reading of 1.06 down to the sensor.   So I wonder if the wires are OK into the back of the connector on the side of the sensor?   I think I'll be baring them next and checking continuity from the bared wires back to the controller?    I wish I had more time, more light, and better warmer weather!    

On a lighter note, my Mk4 Zodiac went through it's 3 yearly check today over in Malta.   Apparently it started first turn after sitting idle since October break.   advisory on rear pads and discs.   It was 18 degrees and sunny over there today....................!   I'll be taking a few little things across with me later in the year, like points, plugs, oil and air filters, these items are very expensive in Malta and subject to 42% tax!

IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
david_molloy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: Jan 26th, 2011, 9:35pm »

See my post... UPDATE - Bizarre and weird starting problems - 24v...
Forgot to include that when both lights on ABS did not work...never tried traction control.
Look like you may also have 'loom' insulation problem.
IP Logged
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #24 on: Jan 30th, 2011, 11:53am »

Oh Joy!    Cheesy  Cheesy

My ABS is working again.   I was getting continuity from the connector in the inner wing to the sensor.   I wasn't getting continuity from the connector to the control unit plug.   So, I bared both of the wires close to the connector and tried for continuity back to the controller, and 'hey-presto' it was there.   Took the connector apart on the control-unit side, and the Red/White wire was broken-away from the terminal, although it was holding tight to the connector!   I sorted that problem, put the connector back together, and was then getting continuity from the plug at the control unit to ALL the sensors.   GREAT!   Tidy up all the tools put the wheel back on, clean-up, and take the car out for a quick cold blast................The blasted light was still showing on the dash.....and the ABS was definitely NOT working!   Oh well..........last ditch, was to change the control unit back to my original one.   I timed myself, 11 mins  Grin.   Back out for a quick blast again, 50 yards up the road light goes out and stays out!    Hoooooooooooray!!

I guess the pump and control unit that I got aren't as perfect as stated!!   However, it gives me a spare control unit to fiddle with or put on the car if mine gets the soldering problem, and a spare pump.   I'll maybe send the control unit down to Tomp' if he wants it, see what's wrong with it.

Again I'd like to thank those people that could be bothered to reply, all ideas and remarks were gratefully received and followed up on.   If nothing else, I learned a lot working away on the ABS.

Peter.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.