Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 6th, 2024, 11:22pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 2-3 idle control valve, »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   2-3 idle control valve,
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2-3 idle control valve,  (Read 615 times)
ro284

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

2-3 idle control valve,
« on: Jan 25th, 2011, 5:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well just finished putting the engine plastic manifold back on, and can't find a rubber hose to go back on the idle control valve, i think it's a solenoid. Sadwhich sits on top of the inlet manifold,) with it's tube (about10 mill) pointing to the firewall, its raining now,  but can anyone confirm there should be a rubber tube fitted please? if so where might the other end be?
Thanks Bob
IP Logged

Bob Dorset
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: 2-3 idle control valve,
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25th, 2011, 6:36pm »

hi there

it should be at the rear (as you look in) of the manifold. iirc.

hth
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25th, 2011, 6:43pm »

It’s not on the idle control valve but on the manifold immediately below the valve & connects via a right angle rubber boot on a corrugated tube to one of the valves low down on the inner wing – fairly close to the manifold.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
ro284

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 26th, 2011, 11:28am »

Thanks guys, [quote] It’s not on the idle control valve but on the manifold immediately below the valve & connects via a right angle rubber boot on a corrugated tube to one of the valves low down on the inner wing – fairly close to the manifold. [quote]  
Yes thanks found that one ok,  but i can't find a tube to fit on the idle valve anywhere! is it meant to be open? anyone got chance to have a look at their 2-3 please? started her today after new head fitted and flushing out all old oil from when head split, several times, Shocked however i have found i only get a rock steady idle if i block off the spout on the tube!where there is a huge suck of air, the trouble may be me, think i got flu! thanks guys Bob
IP Logged

Bob Dorset
lesterlad aka Rodders

2.3 Ghia x Estate (Manual)

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 26th, 2011, 2:29pm »

Just had a look on my 2.3.
The vacuum pipe comes from the front of the idle control valve on the manifold at 90 deg's then goes into a corrugated tube and travels down to a unit connected on the inner wing (don't know it's proper name) 1" below and  2"  in front of the brake vacuum reservoir.  

(Measurements are approximate)
IP Logged

There's are methods to my madness!!! I'm not sure what the methods are but there's definitely madness in them
ro284

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

Re: 2-3 idle,  control valve,
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26th, 2011, 2:57pm »

Brilliant, Many thanks RODDERS, i could see the corregated tube going under the manifold, where there is another tube as Tompion said, but i thought it was electrics. it was trapped under the manifold! i thought it was connected there! managed to work it loose, fitted. Job done, spot on info there buddy, runs perfect now! wheres the thumbs up smiley!
Thanks guys Bob.

IP Logged

Bob Dorset
ro284

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 6th, 2011, 3:35pm »

Lol, well thats what you call a thumbs up!  Smiley Sadly been ill since i sorted that, ran the engine today, and the blessed plastic manifold obviously doesn't like being touched, and now seems to have a pin hole just behind the stat housing!sod it. is there an adhesive /sealer i can repair it with, it's almost looks like i could drill it out, and put a bolt through it!
cheers
IP Logged

Bob Dorset
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Feb 6th, 2011, 3:57pm »

The heat & the coolant seem to eat into the waterways in the manifold - over time they look like they’re lined with something but it’s just the plastic deteriorating. I think this weakens it to the extent that tightening the stat housing bolts can cause fractures.
Others will be along with fixes, indeed mine was on the way out for years but if it does let go the chances are you’ll end up with a cracked cylinder head.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
ro284

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 6th, 2011, 4:04pm »

Thanks Tompion, it just occured to me that this may be the reason the last head cracked! it is a very fine jet, and it only shows when under pressure! it was a new manifold 3 years ago, guess i'll have to think about another manifold!
IP Logged

Bob Dorset
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.