Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 7th, 2024, 11:24pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« How to identify early/late HBC module? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   How to identify early/late HBC module?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How to identify early/late HBC module?  (Read 1124 times)
Magnusf

1996 Scorpio 24v Ghia Estate

View Profile

How to identify early/late HBC module?
« on: Sep 27th, 2011, 9:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there!

I haven't been here for quite some time, but I still got my 24v estate as the familys "other" car during summer.  

However I'd like to fix som issues with it, so to start with something easy (?) here it goes;

The climate control in our Scorpio too has the annoying habit of going on, off, on, off and so on, on really hot days. When it's on it produces really cool air so maybe it's just the HBC restarting over and over again?

Our car is a 1996 model (can't remember production month right now), and I picked a HBC module from a 1997 spec Scorpio at the scrapyard. It had a module stamped 9637 (as in produced week 37 1996?) Is this the uprated one? Or wich date code should it have? Is there a clear visible difference on the heatsink size or design?

Anyone know for sure?

/ Magnus
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: How to identify early/late HBC module?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28th, 2011, 6:43am »

Have a look at This page and then check out the 'buttons' on the left hand side of the page re Climate control, air con etc. The system will go 'on and off' because it is responding to the various sensors. Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

Re: How to identify early/late HBC module?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28th, 2011, 12:33pm »

Does your car have 1 wire or 2 going to the centre connector of the HBC? I bought an HBC of Rodders in February & he sent an additional short loom that joined the 2 wires into 1. It had no effect on my HBC that occasionally produces an S7 code, but with the HBC he sent it would produce an 07 within minutes but with the additional loom fitted it has never produced a code.

So if your car has 2 wires it may be worth checking at the scrapyard if that car has the extra loom.

I did wonder if this short loom might be part of the upgrade, but the only ref I’ve found on the net to it’s part no (95GG 19C757 AA) is on a German site that doesn’t give any significant information.

Update
Just found ref of the loom here:
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/faults.htm

"In February 1995 Ford issued an instruction to replace a lead in the module beneath the bonnet in front of the climate control filter and/or replace the air-conditioning module."
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.