Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 7th, 2024, 1:22pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 2,3 doesn't start any more »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   2,3 doesn't start any more
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2,3 doesn't start any more  (Read 3103 times)
nobbel

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: 2,3 doesn't start any more- update: hangover
« Reply #20 on: Nov 9th, 2011, 4:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,
after that a little hangover: the motor gains temperature very slowly. It takes the pointer about 5 miles to reach 1/3 of the scale and about 9 miles to get 1/2 of the scale, the normal temperature. The temperature tends to fall a little bit when idling an d when driving with lower speed. The motor tends to consume more fuel and runs by 12 L/100 Km (2 L more then before)
Water-level is ok, slightly warm air comes after about 1 1/2 miles. Thermostate has been changed 8 months ago and has been built in in the right way. And: I have replaced both sensors by new ones.
Both fans dont work at this low temperature.
Any ideasHuh  Sad
Werner
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

Re: 2,3 doesn't start any more
« Reply #21 on: Nov 9th, 2011, 5:38pm »

Some thermostats don't last long so could be that.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Nov 9th, 2011, 10:06pm »

Sounds almost normal for me now Winter is coming on, think I'm going to hafta try a piece of cardboard down the front of the rad this year Grin

Even so heater still works though.
IP Logged

Mike H
nobbel

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Nov 10th, 2011, 11:34am »

Never, it's a car of the 20ths century! Heating was pretty good last winter. That thing with the temperature gauge started in summer. I will try it with a new thermostate. If that doesn't work: 200g TNT - and good.
IP Logged
nobbel

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: Nov 19th, 2011, 3:43pm »

Angry And now: I changed the thermostate today and - nothing. Same procedure as every day. The gauge shows very slowly rising temperature. It rises up to the normal position as in the time before - from time to time. Sometime it remains there for some minutes or not . That means: it goes down to nearly the blue zone. There is no relation between the indication and the speed. It seems to be an electrical problem because: there is enough coolant in it. System is ok and doesnt loose pressure. Both sensores are brand new. There is no unintended operation of the fans. And I hat no problems with that until beginning of this summer.
What the hell is thatHuh Should I change the instrument block?  
Has anyone an idea?
Werner
IP Logged
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #25 on: Nov 21st, 2011, 9:24pm »

Again, sounds exactly the same as mine! Drove down from Doncaster Sunday, only time it got to the centre of the gauge was during a very slow crawl in roadworks on the A1. Otherwise down near the bottom. Lots of warm air out of the heater though in fact had to turn it down to half, but outside very cold foggy day. It can vary with speed though, or more correctly with engine power, I have noticed it can go up a bit if you boot the gas pedal. Bear in mind coolant is running through the heater all the time and it does act like a radiator. Was considering changing the thermostat but you may have convinced me it may not make much difference. Grin

IP Logged

Mike H
nobbel

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: Nov 29th, 2011, 7:06am »

I have changed the instruments - nothing. Seems to be a problem with the wiring-loom. I'll find it out.
And: heating is bad! Seems to be the radiator is clogged. I intended to clean it with water-pressure. Found the radiator-in-tube. But where ist the radiator-out-tube?
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Nov 29th, 2011, 7:28am »

If you are referring to the Heater matix the hose layouts are all shown Here. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
nobbel

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Nov 30th, 2011, 8:18am »

... fine, thank you.
IP Logged
nobbel

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: Dec 5th, 2011, 10:12am »

I'll check the wiring next time. Weather is too bad. But some mysterious Things that let me believe that the radiator is not clogged: On tour for about 80 miles and that thing gave me an "Africa-feeling" with no reaction to heating on "hi" or "lo". On the way back a temperature just 5 degrees above freezing, all the way with a foggy shine on the right half of the window. Afterwards I made an A/C-reset. The temperature can now be regulated a little bit, but alwas with a foggy shine on the right half of the window.  
Should I replace the a/c-computer?
Werner
IP Logged
nobbel

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: Dec 21st, 2011, 9:35am »

And now: disconnected the radiator-tubing (both) and gave it a lot of water in reverse direction - and found some black dirt in the sieve of the hopper I used to keep the water away from the main wiring loom. Afterwards the water ran fine through the radiator so that I think the radiator isn't clogged anymore. Afterwards the self-test of the a/c-system gave me a 57 and a 58, after the reset 50, fine. Now the heater does what I want, hot or cold. But I can see that there is coming out a little bit less air on the right side, causing the right half of the window drying a little bit later than the left side. And I gave the flaps of the middle air outlets a new sealing, using parts of the fluffy side of velcro-fasteners.
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: Dec 29th, 2011, 7:57pm »

Mine’s occasionally misted up on one side of late. I only checked the drains a couple of months ago so I didn’t think it would be that especially as I rarely find any significant dirt on the valves. However it didn’t want to clear the other day so I checked the drains & sure enough water ran out from the drain on the misting side & the valve was clogged – no misting now.

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/acdrain.htm
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.