Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 7th, 2024, 7:29pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« ABS/TCS rolling test fail »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   ABS/TCS rolling test fail
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ABS/TCS rolling test fail  (Read 3505 times)
mk1boy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: ABS/TCS rolling test fail
« Reply #20 on: Dec 31st, 2011, 6:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks guys.  I can only asume that it is the controller that needs replacing and I don't know how I would test a replacement without it being on the car so taking one from a scrapyard is going to be a gamble (if I could find one that is).

A couple of silly questions - are the readings I have for the sensors ok - ie are they are as expected if the sensors are serviceable and secondly, I presume the motor only works when required - its not running all the time?  If thats the case, i shouldn't be too surprised that it only works when 12v is applied as there wouldn't be power to it when the car is stationary?
thanks
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Dec 31st, 2011, 7:14pm »

The sensor readings are fine - but as mentioned doesn't mean they are functioning correctly.  

The reason for testing the motor is that the code that usually indicates a failure of the controller is “C1095 Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Failure”
This is because the motor is tested as part of the startup/rolling road test. The motor is seen as at fault because of the pin fault preventing it being tested.

The advice to test the motor is just to rule it out if there is a C1095 code (not that I’ve seen any posts of a faulty motor).

Some of the details are in the link that Mike posted:
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=admin;action=dis play;num=1268910490

There is also some advice on the main site:
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/abssystem.htm

Where do you live? There may be someone nearby with a reader who could check for codes.
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
mk1boy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: Jan 2nd, 2012, 12:07pm »

Thanks for the explanation. On the basis that it isn't working, I will probably have a go at reparing the controller - I can't see that I can make it any worse (well...)

I'll let you know how it goes once we get a weekend without any rain...

cheers
IP Logged
mk1boy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Jan 2nd, 2012, 8:05pm »

More confusion...I was driving the car today and after around 10 minutes I noticed that the ABS and TCS lights weren't on.  I went over to a nearby area of private land that is suitably rough surfaced and tested it out - the ABS and TCS worked perfectly!
Feeling confused but happy, I set off again only for both lights to come back on after a minute or so.  When i next started the car, the start up test was fine but the lights came back on once i drove away.  back to square one...  Huh
IP Logged
Tekno

Tenho Ruohoranta

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: Jan 2nd, 2012, 10:41pm »

Have you cleaned front ABS sensor wire connectors? (next to Front shocks) They always collect moisture and dirt.

But I believe its the abs pump box solderings... i had 100% same symptoms..

just drill hole in box and resolder them like instructions say. easy job if done carefully
IP Logged

1998 Ford Scorpio Ultima Estate 2.3i 16V
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: Jan 2nd, 2012, 11:03pm »

That’s typical of ABS one minute it works, next it doesn’t. Prior to getting a code reader I wasted hours messing about with mine trying to get it sorted for the impending MOT.

I’ve just checked a MK IV controller. Although this picture is a different controller it’s the same arrowed motor pin that should link to earth (you’ll notice the plastic of the motor socket is curved next to the earth pin).
The one I’ve just tested if I gently push on the pin in all directions I can find one direction where the meter consistently looses contact. (Yes that’s your spare Mike  Sad (Simmo) it’s faulty.)

IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.