Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 9:38pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Help Please I am Locked out »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Help Please I am Locked out
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Help Please I am Locked out  (Read 998 times)
ashley

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Help Please I am Locked out
« on: Jan 10th, 2012, 1:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi for some time now I have only been able to get into the car with the key fob, as both door locks will lock but not open with the key.
  Recently I have had some drain on the battery so yesterday I disconnected the battery all the doors were locked on the car like a Fool I closed the bonnet so now I am locked out with no battery connected.
I have read on the forum of someone in a similar position but their battery was connected but flat. If I remember correctly they managed to charge the battery via the caravan hook up point. I have caravan hook-ups fitted to my car. Does anyone know if I can power the car via the hook ups enough for me to open the doors via the key fob. If not has anyone any ideas? Thanks Ashley
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Help Please I am Locked out
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2012, 5:09pm »

Whilst not answering the precise question This might enable you to get the bonnet open and re-connect the battery. The lesson here is NEVER rely totally on the key fob as you will not be the first to lock yourself out even with the battery fitted.  Sad  The next step is to read This page and check out the 'button' on the left of the page which tells you how to access and replace the lock.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10th, 2012, 5:31pm »

If it's not a cossie have a look at the second to last post here with regard releasing the catch:
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Advice;action=di splay;num=1276067286;start=12#13

Otherwise look at gozz’s post here:
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Problems;action= display;num=1218373093;start=4#5
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10th, 2012, 8:18pm »

Once you get the bonnet up, make sure you rig a manual way of 'secretly' opening the bonnet from the outside of the car.   I've used electrical cable routed through to a place where I can catch it with a piece of wire, like a coat-hanger, hidden behind the grill.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11th, 2012, 3:32pm »

Top tip is that

Yes sorry for reiterating, but must be able to open at least one door with a key, for exactly this sort of reason.

Also, if you have left the car locked and untouched for > 150 hours (6.25 days) the remote receiver is turned off to conserve batt charge, so again remote ceases to work.

In the case of a worn / key lock, the key has no trouble locking the door lock, as the key code washers aren't used for that, only to unlock. In other words virtually anything that can go in and turn will lock the door! Grin

IP Logged

Mike H
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11th, 2012, 3:35pm »

PS: there is also the hassle of dirty fob buttons not working, taking it apart to clean means disturbing the batteries, which means fob no longer works, because it then has to be reprogrammed by the car.

IP Logged

Mike H
ashley

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11th, 2012, 8:12pm »

Hi All and many thanks, I got the door open by making a hook on a steel rod about 3 feet long and pushing it through the door rubber seal then opening the door handle. However it is my intention to get at least one of the locks working off the key. Again thanks all Ashley
IP Logged
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 12th, 2012, 1:30pm »

Wow! Good job it wasn't double-locked Grin

IP Logged

Mike H
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.