Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:24am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Rear wheel arch repairs. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Rear wheel arch repairs.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rear wheel arch repairs.  (Read 1527 times)
Geezer

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Rear wheel arch repairs.
« on: Jan 5th, 2013, 8:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just joined forum, but not yet a Scorpio owner. Just waiting for the right one to come along! On lots of Scorpios I see advertised I've noticed that the rear wheel arches have rusted, some quite badly. I haven't been able to find any Scorpio wheel arch repair sections available, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Granada repair sections fit, which are available. Is that right?  Although I'm not a great welder I have done some MIG repairs over the years so would take on a rusty wheel arch car if one came up. I tried using the forum search but nothing came up when I searched using various formats of rusty wheel arches!! Have owned Fords over the years but Scorpios were always out of my reach when they were younger, looking forward to finding one soon. Many Thanks. Malcolm
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Rear wheel arch repairs.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 5th, 2013, 9:12pm »

Malcolm. Welcome to the site. The wheel arch and sill sections from the earlier model will fit the Scorpio with a slight modification. I have had my estate done and so have others.  Mine were done by a guy in Peterborough who has a good knowledge of these cars and has looked after many. Subject to your skills it is certainly possible. Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: Rear wheel arch repairs.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17th, 2013, 1:40pm »

The problems tend to arise because the wheelarch metal is doubled over forming a lip and a very thin gap into which water and muck gets and eventually rots it away from the inside out.... It was a problem on the Granada MK3 also
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.