Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:22am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Indicators »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Indicators
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Indicators  (Read 1648 times)
rich1

london cabbies have the knowledge!!

View Profile

Indicators
« on: Jan 13th, 2013, 3:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Seem to be having problems with my indicators , some days they dont work at all other days they are fine . Today while out i indicated they started off ok but then stopped completly . Tried left and right , nothing , a couple of miles down the road tried again , and no problem Huh  Very strange . Im guessing fuse ? Am i correct or could it be something else
 Cheers
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Indicators
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13th, 2013, 4:10pm »

This might seem a daft question but if you think back could it be related to opening the boot?  Fuse 14 in the main (drivers side) fuse box covers indicators, tail and brake lights. There is a known issue with the boot lid hinge on the offside damaging the loom if it is not clipped back correctly. You may need to remove the outer wrapping to see this. The hazard flashers are covered by fuse 45 in the auxillary (passenger side) fusebox and the flasher relay R29,black is situated inside the steering column shroud. If you try the hazards that should tell you if the relay is working. In view of your experience today I would guess a wiring issue to do with movement. If the fuse or the unit had 'gone' you'd get nothing.Try getting someone to check your rear lights etc and then wiggle the rear loom by the hinge. Let us know how you get on. Good luck.  Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
rich1

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13th, 2013, 7:45pm »

Cheers simmo , just checked the hazards and theyre working fine . I will pop round my mates tomorrow and let him have a butchers .
IP Logged
rich1

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10th, 2013, 3:42pm »

Right update on indicators . I noticed today after i got my bluetooth headset out of the ashtray and left tray open that they work fine . Closed it and went back to being tempremental  Huh Is there any reason that should be the case , has anyone else had this ?
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10th, 2013, 4:19pm »

on Feb 10th, 2013, 3:42pm, rich1 wrote:
Is there any reason that should be the case , has anyone else had this ?

The ashtray /cigar lighter is well known for causing shorts!. Check the fitting of the bulb etc inside. The tray does NOT come right out unless you remove the fascia......don't ask!. Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.