Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 10:24pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Intermittent jerk ! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Intermittent jerk !
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Intermittent jerk !  (Read 4440 times)
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

Re: Intermittent jerk !
« Reply #20 on: Jan 22nd, 2014, 4:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks for that Dave,I didn't realise the four cylinder engines had that shielded cable,I had to rewire several 12 valve sixes whose three shielded signal wires from the distributor to the PCM had dissolved into one causing amazing happenings.I will have the glove box out and have a nosy in there.These Coleman Milne vehicles are devoid of those security clamps all riveted up,so the job is much easier.
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: Feb 8th, 2014, 9:32pm »

Further to this ongoing problem,I sent the ECU away for testing,the man rang me to say that he had good news,"there is nothing wrong with it",I said that was not what I had hoped,in the interim another 2.3 unit was tried resulting in a mad flashing of the PATS light and a no start,thus it appeared that mine,being 1999 registered has the PATS inside the unit.
I decided to go round again and fitted yet another used EDIS module,so far the car has performed impeccably,thus it would appear that this was the problem all along,no fault codes ever came up on the scanner making  for a trial and error diagnosis only.
The temptation now dare I say,is to replace it with the last of the line OMEGA   Shocked When the Scorpio production finished,Coleman Milne (the coach builders) had to resort to stretching the Australian Ford Fairlane which,whilst being a good robust product,is devoid of agents in the UK,and with increasing age could prove difficult to keep running reliably.My Dorchester funeral limousine (Scorpio) although having covered only 52000 miles and in pristine order,is becoming increasingly unreliable due to Ford's inbuilt self destruction systems,having run many of these cars in my business,they have all tried my patience at one time or another due mainly to poor wiring which has always been overcome by sheer determination and a lot of teeth gritting,which as one advances in age becomes increasingly undesirable  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Feb 8th, 2014, 11:25pm »

Have you tried it with the MAF unplugged ~ when I had similar, it was duff MAF.

IP Logged

Mike H
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: Feb 9th, 2014, 2:04pm »

Yes Mike,I paid attention to the MAF earlier on in the proceedings as that is one of the most common problems and the easiest to get at.It appears to have been the EDIS module this time,thanks for your input.
              GOZZ.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.