Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 12:39am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Top wiring loom for 2.3 Ultima. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Top wiring loom for 2.3 Ultima.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Top wiring loom for 2.3 Ultima.  (Read 2237 times)
georgeodyphotos

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

Top wiring loom for 2.3 Ultima.
« on: Feb 12th, 2014, 11:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Guys. I am in urgent need of a top wiring loom for 2.3 Ultima estate. Does anyone have one please?  5stud said he had one but I can't seem to get a response from him now.
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Re: Top wiring loom for 2.3 Ultima.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13th, 2014, 3:31am »

There is no such thing as a top wiring loom (wires that go to the 2 coil packs in a 2.3)....It is one big loom that connects all the engine sensors & coil packs...and plugs in to a connector on the O/S inner wing of the engine bay and held with a 10mm bolt. It's official name is the 'fuel cut off loom'.
If the top part of the loom insulation is all brittle & broken, then it's likely that the part of the loom that runs down to the inlet manifold sensors & crank/oil sensors will probably be in the same condition (Ford aren't that brilliant at shielding their cheap insulate wiring)....which will mean the car will sporadically break down at the most inconvenient moments & will only restart (embarrassingly) just when the AA arrive  Roll Eyes

The top part of the loom can be re-insulated, but the only real way forward (unless you are good at replacing wiring) is a whole new or good second hand 'fuel cut off loom'  Smiley
IP Logged
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 13th, 2014, 7:10am »

I think you can still buy a brand new replacement from Ford Parts UK for around £200 with VAT  Shocked
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 13th, 2014, 7:24am »

If you go to the home page of the site, click on Ford Scorpio at the top of this page to do so, and click on 'Spikies' advert you'll see he has looms for £75.  Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 13th, 2014, 8:47am »

on Feb 12th, 2014, 11:21pm, georgeodyphotos wrote:
Hi Guys. I am in urgent need of a top wiring loom for 2.3 Ultima estate. Does anyone have one please?  5stud said he had one but I can't seem to get a response from him now.

Send Rodders a PM.he may be able to help you
IP Logged
georgeodyphotos

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 13th, 2014, 1:27pm »

Thanks Gozz. How do I find Rodders?  Have looked through the listing and can't see 'Rodders'. Does he have another name please?  George.
IP Logged
georgeodyphotos

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 13th, 2014, 1:55pm »

Can't afford too much for a loom. Only a poor pensioner now. Cry
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Feb 13th, 2014, 4:28pm »

on Feb 13th, 2014, 1:27pm, georgeodyphotos wrote:
Thanks Gozz. How do I find Rodders?  Have looked through the listing and can't see 'Rodders'. Does he have another name please?  George.

Title is: lesterlad aka Rodders  

IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 13th, 2014, 10:11pm »

Thanks Simmo,I just picked this up.
         GOZZ.
IP Logged
5stud

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Feb 14th, 2014, 11:22am »

didnt see your pm will look it out the weekend if you can pick it up from tintinhull you can have it
IP Logged
georgeodyphotos

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 14th, 2014, 6:04pm »

Thanks 5stud. That is very kind of you. Is that what they call the fuel cut off  
loom ? Is it complete with plugs? I can get to Tintinhull which I think is near Yeovil? Regards, George.
IP Logged
lesterlad aka Rodders

2.3 Ghia x Estate (Manual)

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 14th, 2014, 7:27pm »

georgeodyphotos.
I have sent you an email via Image Shack showing you the two different types of the fuel shut off loom main connectors that I'm familiar with.
1) 2.3 Ghia manual
2) 2.3 Ultima auto
IP Logged

There's are methods to my madness!!! I'm not sure what the methods are but there's definitely madness in them
georgeodyphotos

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 15th, 2014, 7:00pm »

Thank you Rodders. I will pick them up.
IP Logged
5stud

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Feb 15th, 2014, 10:13pm »

hi found the loom out today let me know if you still nead it                                               ion Feb 14th, 2014, 6:04pm, georgeodyphotos wrote:
Thanks 5stud. That is very kind of you. Is that what they call the fuel cut off  
loom ? Is it complete with plugs? I can get to Tintinhull which I think is near Yeovil? Regards, George.

IP Logged
georgeodyphotos

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Feb 16th, 2014, 7:43pm »

Hi 5stud. Is the loom for an Ultima auto please? Apparently the one for the Ghia manual is different and won't work on my car. If it's the correct one I would like it please.
IP Logged
5stud

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Feb 17th, 2014, 11:14am »

hi over the years i have changed and repaired and swoped quite a few cutoff looms never found a diferent one .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 on Feb 16th, 2014, 7:43pm, georgeodyphotos wrote:
Hi 5stud. Is the loom for an Ultima auto please? Apparently the one for the Ghia manual is different and won't work on my car. If it's the correct one I would like it please.

IP Logged
lesterlad aka Rodders

2.3 Ghia x Estate (Manual)

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Feb 17th, 2014, 8:12pm »

on Feb 17th, 2014, 11:14am, 5stud wrote:
  hi over the years i have changed and repaired and swoped quite a few cutoff looms never found a diferent one .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

When my loom died a couple of years ago on my 2.3 Ghia (manual) I fitted a two yr old one from a 2.0ltr Ultima auto.
It would not work, admittedly the engine ran but the main problem was the cooling fans and the idle speed, fitted a brand new one (stating VIN number) from Ford Parts.uk and every thing worked as it should.

Pics below are of the different pin configuration,

2.0ltr Ultima auto
http://imageshack.com/a/img412/7960/loom002.jpg

2.3 Ghia manual
http://imageshack.com/a/img837/5372/loom004.jpg
IP Logged

There's are methods to my madness!!! I'm not sure what the methods are but there's definitely madness in them
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Feb 17th, 2014, 9:52pm »

I added to the posts about it here:
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Advice;action=di splay;num=1297963223;start=1#1

& here:
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Problems;action= display;num=1296328647;start=88#88
IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
5stud

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Feb 17th, 2014, 10:01pm »

nowonder you had problems the 2.016v loom is deferent .its not the manual-auto bit its the 2.0 16v 2.3 16v manifolds that makes the diference . ford cant even get it right in thear technical drawings that are on this site they show the coils bolted to front off the head on the 2.o 16v and 2.3 16v but the drawing is a 2.0 8v.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            on Feb 17th, 2014, 8:12pm, lesterlad aka Rodders wrote:

When my loom died a couple of years ago on my 2.3 Ghia (manual) I fitted a two yr old one from a 2.0ltr Ultima auto.
It would not work, admittedly the engine ran but the main problem was the cooling fans and the idle speed, fitted a brand new one (stating VIN number) from Ford Parts.uk and every thing worked as it should.

Pics below are of the different pin configuration,

2.0ltr Ultima auto
http://imageshack.com/a/img412/7960/loom002.jpg

2.3 Ghia manual
http://imageshack.com/a/img837/5372/loom004.jpg

IP Logged
georgeodyphotos

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: Mar 15th, 2014, 9:08pm »

Well, fuel cut off loom now fitted to my 2.3 Ultima. Started first turn of the key! Well chuffed! The car hasn't run since October. One small problem now is that the radio is dead. I checked the fuse and it's OK. Is there any way that we may have disturbed a feed to the radio and where should I start looking? I must have my sounds! Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.