Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 12:21am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Troubleshoot C1095 on 1996 Cossie »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Troubleshoot C1095 on 1996 Cossie
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Troubleshoot C1095 on 1996 Cossie  (Read 2621 times)
Magnusf

1996 Scorpio 24v Ghia Estate

View Profile

Troubleshoot C1095 on 1996 Cossie
« on: May 18th, 2014, 10:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there!

Haven't written anything here for ages, and my Scorpio has just been left standing for over a year now. It's got a few things that needs sorting but the only thing that really keeps it from passing MOT is ABS/TCS light coming on when moving. Stationary ABS test passes every time.

Now this ABS/TCS-light problem has been intermittent in the passed, it has been sorted twice by cleaning sensor rings, but now it won't go away. I bought the proper obd-lead and VE showed (amongst other DTC's) C1095. My dad kindly got another complete ABS module from the scrapyard, installed it but the lights still goes on...and the 1095 is still there. He went and got another one....same thing.  
So, really I'm no wiser than before.

Should we have been methodical before pulling things apart? Like this:

1, Verify fuse 46 and 47  *done*
2, Verify 12v live on pin 1 and 2 in the ABS multiplug
3, Verify ABS pumps work by feeding with direct 12v connection *done*
4, Verify circuit though the ABS controller - wich pins would that be on a mk4 box? Should there be a closed circuit between pin 1 and 13 or 14 and pin 2 and 13 or 14? How do I know if there are bad solder joints?

It is of course possible that we got two units with same issue as the orignal one. Having two spare modules means I might dare to resolder one if that is what it takes.

The car is a Cossie estate with TCS, build date 15 may 1996

Any advice or suggestions very much appreciated. I'd love to see this car back on the road again!

cheers  
 Magnus F
(Sweden)
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

Re: Troubleshoot C1095 on 1996 Cossie
« Reply #1 on: May 19th, 2014, 12:04am »

One of the motor pins can be tested to earth, however it usually tests OK with a meter presumably breaking down under load or just vibration whilst driving.  
You can sometimes get it to make & break by pushing it quite hard in all directions whilst testing.
This is a non-TC controller but the same pin:

IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
GrahamT

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 19th, 2014, 12:35am »

What other DTCs? (there might be a clue there  Wink)
And (stupid question, I know, but) are you clearing the DTCs between each controller installation?
Good luck,
Graham
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 19th, 2014, 12:52am »

The codes are stored in the controllers.

The ABS light will go out once it passes the rolling test. It isn't necessary to clear the codes for it to pass.
IP Logged

GrahamT

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: May 19th, 2014, 1:08am »

Didn't know that, could the C1095 be caused by some other fault? Faulty wiring?
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 19th, 2014, 2:00am »

Yes, can be a wiring fault, it would be one of the wires or fuses he mentions (can’t remember which) or the associated earths.

He says "Verify 12v live on pin 1 and 2 in the ABS multiplug" although hasn't added *done* so not sure if he’s tested it, & he hasn’t mentioned testing the earths.

Strictly speaking as far as the C1095 code is concerned he only needs to test one live & one earth but I can’t remember which but as it’s obvious which they are (thicker wires) I just test both. I test the motor by connecting it directly to both pairs in turn that way I test the motor, wires & fuses at the same time. Care should be taken as these are permanently live.

You never know one day I might add which fuse does what to the links at the bottom of my posts Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Magnusf

1996 Scorpio 24v Ghia Estate

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 19th, 2014, 8:09am »

Hello!

Thanks for the quick reply! You are right of course, checking earth in the ABS-multiplug should also be done. Don't know why I didn't think of that.  Roll Eyes

It was my dad who checked the ABS pump motors and I believe he did that away from the car, using a spare battery, so I have no knowledge at the moment regarding what works and not works in terms of wiring.

The other DTC's I have are not ABS/TCS-related I think:
P1120
P0122
P1406
P0171
P0174

They seem to come back each time I clear them, apart from last time when I only got two or three and a P1000, indicating that all test weren't completed.

I need to get the car through MOT so I can do longer testruns on open road. It's SORN at the moment so I only dare to drive it up and down the lazy village road, wich really is to short of a journey!

One of the ABS-units (complete) we tried also gave C1450 TCMCF and C1495 TCMPCF, so there might be some further issue with that one?

Apart from this I also have other classic issues like dissapearing coolant (with a strong smell of antifreeze inside the car at acceleration and fast cornering; hello matrix replacement), increasingly leaking steering rack AND THE FACT THAT A *#& MOUSE HAS EATEN A HOLE IN THE PREVIOUSLY MINT REARSEAT! That makes me worried for cable damages as well!

However, lets start with the ABS issue. So I will make sure the wiring on the car is ok within the next few days and then we'll get back to the modules and possible resolder.

cheers, and as said very much appreciated!

Regard
 Magnus
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.